CHAPTER 23: Irony

Is it not ironic?

The skeleton that brings nothing but Death everywhere he goes, is trying to save a human.

What a laugh!

Those pitiful creatures are just as rotten as the mere bugs that crawl below their feet; they are worthless and insignificant.

But the most ironic of it all?

The fact that he led me to both of them.

                                                                Their fatality.

Their fall.

This marks the end of her story.

Now that Life was no more than but a feuillemorte, reduced to the weakest of lifeforms, she was a feeble attempt of a God. She was no more.

I had to hand it to Death—that annoyance of a comedian—I would have never found her successor without him. Her powers were breaking through the crack in her soul, and the protection barrier that Life had so meekly created around her was wearing thin after all these years.

**HERE IS A SMALL FACT**

You are going to die.

I am in all truthfulness trying to stay serious through this whole reformed manner, however, it is hard to keep such a straight face whilst brimming with joy. The malice intentions that swarmed my conscious was really inevitable at this point, and I could not help but think what I was going to do to her next.

My crooked, permanent smile cracked through my ponderous look once more, and a few giggles escaped my throat once more.

Are you afraid of me?

Are you afraid of what I will do?

I can assure you, you need not to be afraid of me. I can promise you, I am nothing if not fair, at least, most of the time. It gets rather difficult to control myself when I am dealing with such a nuisance, in which lies in the palm of my tainted hand.

My time is only beginning.

                                              My reign has only started.   

You cannot drive me away, for the chaos that lurks inside of your broken mind--

IS ME.

Both you and mother are so gullible.

As if you were begging for me to find you, you left yourself wide open and held yourself out in welcome arms.

I cannot believe both of you are so stupid.

In the end, you are just as ignorant as her, Frisk.

Did you really think you could get away with showing the lost powers of Life, and not alert every God in the realm?

I could see it when you left.

The gaze of the Reaper as he looked solemnly towards the now shattered door, and gazed nervously upon the powerful patch in which she sat in.

Does she know what she was capable of?
I suppose not.

That was mistake number two, Death.

Manipulating her will be fun, thanks to you.

All it takes is a smile around the corner to lure a naive mind.

Your first mistake was putting your nose where it did not belong.

Now she will suffer the same fate as everyone else that stood before you.

Is it not ironic?

The faint screams of her inner mind?

Everyone has a breaking point, Death.

Watching her crumble before me is going to be very entertaining.

Just like my poor, hollow-minded brother.

Getting inside of his head was fun.

But I imagine killing two birds with one stone is going to be so much better than killing both my Brother and Life

combined =)