Wattpad Original
There are 26 more free parts

Chapter 42

They'd found a quiet corner in Two Bridges where Severance could practice his somersaults.

After doing the Fort quest a few more times, Severance had finally reached level nineteen. Rather than spend another minute on the battlefield, he decided to work on his clan quest and build his Agility. Awesome Dude had been enthusiastic about that idea.

Even though the rogue had hit level 20 an hour ago, he'd chosen to stay while Severance worked at leveling up. It was a nice gesture, though Severance didn't really understand why someone would be willing to do so. There was no benefit to waiting. It was probably even boring to hang around and watch someone do somersaults.

Truly, Severance had no idea how Awesome Dude's mind worked.

He flopped onto his back, the System chiming merrily above him. He read the incoming notifications against the backdrop of a pale blue-purple sky.

Quest Completed: Gain 5/5 Agility

Congratulations, Severance! You have reached Level 20.

You are now eligible for class advancement. Speak to Augustus in Two Bridges.

"Well? Did you get it yet?" Awesome Dude's head abruptly appeared over him.

The nice view of the sky was now polluted. Severance considered shoving his friend aside, but instead settled for sitting up. The rogue moved back so they didn't accidentally knock heads.

"Yeah, I got it. That last Agility point did it."

"Yes!" Awesome Dude clapped his hands. "Now we can go get upgraded!"

"You didn't have to wait, you know."

The rogue laughed like he found Severance's statement hilarious. "Of course I did! We're doing this together, remember? Besides, I want to see what kind of cool healer class you get. There isn't a lot of talk about it."

"About healer classes?"

"Well, there's something about a Scribe, but there's way more DPS than healers, you know. So people are mostly talking about DPS classes." Awesome Dude shrugged.

Severance got up from the ground. "What do you mean by DPS?"

He'd heard the term thrown about a few times and guessed it had to do with the classes that focused on fighting, but he didn't know what it actually stood for.

Predictably, Awesome Dude was more than happy to flaunt his game knowledge. "That's damage per second. It's what we also call the classes that deal the damage."

"Huh. Do you know what class you're going for?" Severance looked down at himself and made a face.

His clothes were a disaster. From getting stabbed, punctured by arrows, and even getting lit on fire once, they were barely more than filthy rags. Severance had to appreciate the quality of the Veiled's clothing, though. Despite all he'd been through, they still hadn't completely disintegrated.

At least he wasn't the only person who looked like they went through the meat grinder. Awesome Dude's shirt was barely holding together. He'd been killed more times than Severance could count on one hand.

"I'm thinking Shade, but I wanna see all the choices first. Let's go this way." Awesome Dude pointed towards a random street.

They started down the street, but Severance had no idea where they were in the city. He had a sneaking suspicion that Awesome Dude didn't, either.

"What's a Shade?" he asked.

"A super assassin," Awesome Dude explained. "That's what I want to be. A super sneaky stabby dude. Hehe!"