Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Chapter 63

"It's called The Deep Mine," Tarface said. He panned the flashlight across the dungeon gate's surface, illuminating the misty surface. It writhed and twisted upon itself like smoke, as if disturbed by the intruding light.

"You want us to do the dungeon?" One of the players asked, then gave a short little laugh, as if relieved that was all.

The corners of Tarface's mouth curved ever so slightly upwards. "The fee for yer permits is 10 pieces of Amaurite each. Now, ye can spend a few days and mine it yerself. Or, ye can try out this dungeon."

"Ten pieces?" Gimbo Jimbo repeated. "Are you kidding me?"

"That's a lot," Karniah looked at the dungeon gate, before humming lightly under breath.

"These permits must be worth a lot," Awesome Dude said. "I think we should do the dungeon, Sev."

As much as Severance didn't like it, that was starting to look like the best option.

"Ten pieces is ridiculous! Do you know how long that will take? That's like ten dungeon runs!" Gimbo Jimbo exclaimed, and players murmured their agreement.

"Feh." Tarface did his signature spit onto the ground. He crossed his arms across his thin chest. "Don't like it, don't do it. It's the only way yer gonna get what ye want."

"But you gave Gingy and the other guy a permit," Gimbo Jimbo protested. "Why do we have to run dungeons? It's not fair!"

Tarface just lifted his hands and shrugged. "That's how it is. Bring me ten Amaurite Crystals and I'll give ye a permit."

Gimbo Jimbo opened his mouth, then froze. His eyes lost focus for a moment, as did the other players. It was the eeriest thing Severance had seen. It was like they'd turned into dolls, motionless and empty, before they all suddenly blinked, odd expressions crossing their faces.

Then he suddenly understood why, because the System gave a gentle chime.

Quest Completed: Speak with Tarface

Quest Received: Gain ten Amaurite Crystals for a permit

A soft curse came from one of the players, while Gimbo Jimbo looked like he'd swallowed a lemon.

"Ten," he muttered. Then he lifted his eyes and looked over the group, his attention briefly resting on Severance before moving on. "We don't have a tank."

"We'll have to call for a tank," one of the players said. "It'd be suicide to go into a dungeon blind without one."

The quiet Cryomancer spoke, her voice soft, yet everyone turned to look at her. "Has anyone heard anything about this one?"

"No."

"I haven't."

"My clan didn't say anything."

Gimbo Jimbo swore under his breath. "Great. Just what we need. Someone, find us a tank, will you? Is anyone a healer?"

"Oh yeah!" Awesome Dude elbowed Severance. "Sev here is a healer!"

Severance grimaced as several sets of eyes turned his way.

Tarface, who'd been watching with deep interest, interrupted. "Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention somethin'. Healers gotta do somethin' else. Ye'll have to do without 'im."

"What?" Severance stared at him.

At the same time, other voices mirrored his "What?" much more indignantly.

"What ye all lookin' so stoopid for? Did I say ye all 'ad to do the same thing?" Tarface spat, annoyance written all over his face.

"Bastard," Gimbo Jimbo muttered, not even bothering to lower his tone. That earned him an ugly sneer from Tarface. Scowling angrily, Gimbjo Jimbo gestured at the others. "Someone call for a healer too, then."