Chapter Thirty Five

Weeks pass and before I know it, I'm back in school sitting in the back of my 3rd hour class, world history. It's September 25th and school started exactly one month ago. Harry is supposed to be in this class but he hasn't gone to school for like three weeks and I haven't had any contact with him. I'm actually a little worried about him considering that the last time he was at school, he was very distant and would only say 3 words every hour. Last Tuesday I stopped by their house to check on him but no one answered. He won't answer my texts, or phone calls. School isn't the same when your best friend doesn't show up. 

          The bell rings and shakes me out of my trance. My grades are dropping because I have no focus on schoolwork and I'm always tired. I walk out of my class and smile when I see Caleb standing by the drinking fountain talking to his friends. I haven't talked to him this whole year. I'm about to walk towards them when I catch part of his conversation.

     "Yeah I haven't talked to her this entire school year. She's gotten uglier." His friends laugh.

      "Are you gonna ever tell Bayley what really happened prom night?"

       "No way dude." I feel like I'm about to throw up. I run past him but someone trips me and I fall into the crowd of people. Caleb catches me and I look up at him.

       "Oh hey." He says. His friends all stare at me like I'm an alien. I immediately feel self consious. He watches me as I look at the floor again. 

        "Well go ahead, tell her." Bella remarks with a bit of humor behind her voice.

      "Yeah tell me." I say looking back at him. 

       "I'll tell her." This bulky kid, Adam says pushing his way in front of me. "Basically Caleb here made a bet with a few of us that if he asked you out and you said yes, we would owe him money but if you said no, he'd owe us money." They all laugh again.

       "So this whole thing was a joke?" He looks at me.

      "Hey, sorry." He finally says and I shake my head.

      "That's okay. I get it." I wipe the tears off my face and head to my next class. I'm alone. 

      I get home and call Harry again. No answer as always. My dad is gone again so I throw on a jacket and my boots and go outside. 

      I find myself in front of Harry's house. I take a deep breath and walk up to his door. Hesitating I ring the doorbell and to my surprise, Anne answers the door. 

     "Bayley!" She wraps her arms around me and I fake a smile. 

      "Is Harry here?"

      "Oh, yes dear. He hasn't been up to seeing anyone."

      "What's wrong with him?" She's quiet for a minute.

       "Well, he wouldn't want me to lie to you. He apologizes for not answering any of your calls or texts." 

      "Anne, what's going on?" She sighs. 

      "You can go up to his room if you'd like. He might talk to you." I walk into their house and head up the stairs to his room. I can hear faint guitar music and his voice softly singing. I tap on the door.

     "Mum?" His deep raspy voice breaks through the music.

      "Harry, it's me." I stand outside his room for about 4 minutes before I hear footsteps head to the door. It cracks open.

      "You can come in." I walk into the dark room and sit next to him on his bed.

     "What is going on?"

     "I'm sorry Bayley. I'm such a terrible friend."

      "No that's okay. Is everything alright?" He shakes his head. "You don't have to talk to me about anything but I'm here if you need someone to talk to." He looks at me.

       "Well before you left for America I was receiving death threats through text message and I was being continously cyberbullied the entire summer. I don't know. I just got so sick of everyone and everything and that day at school I couldn't take it anymore, so I had a mental breakdown when I got home from school and my mom took me to a doctor and they diagnosed me with clinical depression and bipolar disorder." I shake my head.

      "Harry, I'm so sorry, I had no idea."

      "It's fine. I'm getting better, I'll probably be back at school next Monday." I walk to his dresser and notice some paper work from the X Factor. 

     "Whoa what is this?" He smiles at me.

     "Well it was supposed to be  a suprise but my therapist suggested I do something out of my comfort zone and I thought about you telling me I should try out for the X Factor. So last week I went to the pre auditions and I made it through! I go to the live auditions the exact day I turn 16 so I barely make it but I'm actually pretty excited!" 

        "Harry that's amazing oh my goodness!!!" I hug him and we sit in this warm embrace for a few minutes. He smells amazing and I can't help but stare at him in his sweats.  He looks so good.

       "Please don't tell anyone about my problems." I smile.

      "Harry you can trust me."

      "You probably think I'm some sort of a freak."

      "Oh my goodness that's the last thing I'm thinking Harry. You're amazing." He smiles at me. 

      "Do you want to stay a  while and play some games?"

       "I'd love to." I send my dad a text telling him to pick me up in 2 hours and then I relax and we play video games. I forget everything that happened to me today and I feel content. I'm just glad he's okay.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Wooo I updated. don't criticize me for Harry's disorders. Clearly its made up and he doesn't actually have them, but it adds spice to the story.