Chapter 4-Ididot brothers and Science partners

Alison's POV

I woke up to a strong force shaking me. Please tell me I'm in the movie "San Andreas" and I'm being shaken awake by "Dwayne the rock Johnson" who is trying to save me from an earthquake.

When I open my eyes I realize its my brother shaking me. "What is your problem Kieran?" I groan and cover my head with my blanket. "Have you seen the time sleeping beauty?" he laughs and then walks out of my room.

I glance at my clock and see that it's 6:55 am which means I have 5 minutes to get ready for school. I immediately jump out of bed and hop into the shower. When I finish my morning routine I wear my red hoodie that says "OVERQUALIFIED" in bolded white letters matched with my black ripped jean and my white Nike sneakers. I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and race downstairs.

My parents were not downstairs which explains why mom didn't wake me up for school, they probably had to leave for work earlier than usual. I grab a piece of bacon from the counter and race outside only to discover that there is no sign of Kieran. I groan as I realize I have no way to get to school. I check my phone and see it is only 6:35  am. Realization sets in and I begin to plot Kieran's death for changing my alarm's time. Great, not only is my brother an ididot for making believe I'm late for school but he is also an ididot for leaving me stranded at home.

Okay maybe I'm being a bit dramatic with the whole being stranded thing because school is within walking distance from my home. In my defense though, I don't have the energy to walk that much. I try calling Kieran but I keep getting sent to voice mail. After the 7th call I groan in frustration and decided that my brother chose today to be his last day on earth.

I start to angrily pace up and down my driveway when I hear an engine roar. I start walking to the source "Kieran you are so dead, you can't leave your sister stranded with no way to get to scho-" once I reached the noise I see it's not Kieran but instead it's a guy on a motorcycle. "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were my brother" I quickly apologize and am about to walk when he stops me.

" You're the girl who threw me with a banana peel yesterday" he accuses as he takes off his helmet. I freeze as I came face to face with banana dude who has a scowl on his face. "About that," I trail off with a sheepish smile on my face, "I'm really sorry. The banana peel was never meant to hit you I was aiming for my friend."

"Well you have really crappy aim them. My advice, don't try out for any sports" he grunts out.

I gasp at his rudeness, I mean how could he! 

I scowl at him, " Well excuse me, it's not my fault your face was in the way." 

He looks at me as if I'm an alien from another planet. Damn, it sounded better in my head.

I shake my head and sigh. "Look I really am sorry about the banana peel. I should've apologized the moment it happened but I was kind of embarrassed. "

He rolls his eyes, "I wasn't aware you were the one that had a banana peel thrown at them."

"Oh I'm sorry, did that bruise your ego." I scoffed at him. Who does this guy think he is. 

"I don't have enough time in my day to waste on you." he said before putting on his helmet and driving off, leaving dust me in the dust, literally.

I coughed and flapped the dust away with my arms. What a dickhead. I sigh before gathering up the energy to begin my trek to school. Once I finally reach school I look down at my phone and realize that I still have a good ten minutes before my first class. 

I head over to the cafeteria to grab a quick snack before heading over to my locker. I mean come on, a girls gotta eat. 

"Hey there stranger" Emily greets me the moment I get to my locker.

I smile at her through my stuffed cheeks before swallowing the cereal bar I devoured from the cafeteria.

"Hello earthling, I come in peace" I reply and we both giggle.

"You seriously have an unhealthy obsession with food. Too much food is not good for the soul Al" she lectures me. "Yeah, yeah mom I get it," I say as I roll my eyes at her.

"Come on, Science class starts in 2 minutes let's hit the hallways"

I roll my eyes at her statement but we reach the class just in time.

"Good morning class, today you will be getting paired up with someone for your latest assignment as per my choice" our Science teacher says the moment he steps into class. "The assignment is simple and should take about a week to complete so it will be due in 2 weeks time."

He starts stating the partners and everyone moves to sit with their partner. I get a bit sad when I realize she won't be my partner when we she gets paired with some other girl. I'm left alone at my table wondering who I'll be assigned with  when he suddenly says "Alison Cummings and Chase Hunter" the whole class goes silent for some reason and they just stare at me like I'm some kind of mental case. 

Well I would question my mental state too but hay nobody needs to know that. But anyways, I wonder who the heck Chase Hunter is if he gets this type of reaction out of everyone.

Just then the door opens and I look up to see banana dude walk in. Irritation fills me at the sight of him and I scoff as he walks in as if he owns the place.

Our Science teacher sighs and greets him sarcastically. "Nice of you to finally join us Chase. Go sit next to Alison as you will be partners for an upcoming assignment. Alison please raise your hand" he says before he continues assigning the rest of the Science partners.

The universe obviously hates me, that had to be it. I knew that food fight yesterday was not going to please the food gods. Now they taking it out on me just great. I roll my eyes and raise my hand quick before dropping it again.

He walks over and lazily plops himself into the seat next to me completely ignoring me. As if I'd want to talk to him anyway. I shift slightly away from him as if he has some disease, I mean he does have a disease in my opinion, it's called dickhead fever.

I look up and question Emily's questioning eyes before I mouth a 'later' to her.

A/N oooh, so banana dude and Al were assigned as partners. I wonder what chemical reactions they'll create :)