New friend

I love my room, my single bed in one corner opposite a wall with a beautiful bay window, the bay window has blankets and cushions on it making me want to sit in it forever. There is a wooden desk against the back wall with a collage of family photos from when I was younger framing a mirror. On the opposite wall is my built in wardrobe, it's not a walk in it's just built into the wall, there is also a ginormous beanbag in the corner, and the door says my name on it along with a new hope club poster, along with a poster of the Matilda's, the best soccer team. My bed is against the wall opposite the bay window and it is covered in stuffed animals, yes that's right, I am 14 years old.

I would say my weekend of unpacking was well done, I mean there were a few boxes left over with my soccer stuff, I don't know where to put my soccer boots as I don't want them to stink out my room and I also have no where to put my soccer balls. But other than that I think my room has come along perfectly. But now it's Monday, and that means school. My old school had about 200 students in it. This school has about 1200 students. I wouldn't say I'm an introvert. Those that know me well know all of my quirks and how outgoing i actually am, however I'm not good at letting people in, so I guess what I'm trying to say is I am an introvert until you know me. So I am not looking forward to school. It stresses me out. Especially since I'm not very good at reading, if I muck up people laugh.

The only thing I am looking forward to is new teachers. I loved most of my teachers it's just they all knew me as Jonah's sister. No matter what I achieved in school Jonah had already done it better. Except soccer. Jonah did great in sport but he never was good at soccer. I'm not great at it but it's something that he can't do as well as me. And if I actually did music at school maybe I could get better at it than him too. It's just if he finds out I'm trying to do music he will laugh.

Jonah is on his p plates so he drove us to school. He didn't want to but dad made him. In the car we didn't talk much until he had to lay down some ground rules.
"Okay Kensilina,"
"It's Kenzie."
"Fine, Kenz. Look here are the rules. You don't mention that we are related. If someone asks you can say yes but don't bring it up. Don't come up to me when I'm with my friends if there is an emergency text me."
I started to roll my eyes, I guess he has completely stopped caring about me. But then the next rules sort of made me think maybe he does still care.
"No matter how shy you are you have to try out for the soccer team, it's your best bet for people to like you and you aren't terrible. Always answer in maths whether you are sure or not, you are usually right in maths. In English don't put your hand up and don't volunteer to read, make sure your teacher knows about your dyslexia. Oh and no boys." I slightly smiled by the end of the rules. But then composed my self as we got out of the car. We came early so we could get our lockers and our schedules. Mine didn't take long so I still had half an hour to explore. I walked into the auditorium, it was massive. No one was there but there was a keyboard on the stage. I walked up to it and started playing. After a few chords I started singing a song I wrote called broken home (I know this is by 5sos but for the sake of the story I'm gonna pretend she wrote it, sorry if that offends anyone)

They would yell, they would scream they were fighting it out
She would hope she would pray she was waiting it out
Holding on to a dream while she watches these walls fall down
Sharp words like knives they were cutting her down
Shattered glass like the past it's a memory now
Holding on to a dream while she watches these walls fall down

"Hey mum, hey dad, when did this end?
When did you loose your happiness,
I'm here alone inside of this broken home,
Who's right, who's wrong who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there,
I'm here alone inside of this broken home."

Wrote it down on the walls she was screaming it out,
Made it clear she's still here are you listening now?
Just a ghost in the halls feeling empty they're vacant now.
All the battles all the wars all the times that you fought,
She's a scar she's the bruises she's the pain that you brought,
There was life there was love like a light and it's fading out