Broken home

Jonah's p.o.v
Things aren't fully back to normal with Kenz yet but it's getting there. I've been talking to Sam heaps (Em's brother), and he said how emily and Kenz are really good friends. I'm glad she has someone.
Suddenly Sam texted me
Text convo
S- hey dude you gotta see this
J- what is it??
S- em just showed me a video of your sister, don't get angry at em though she only showed me because I caught her watching it.
J- what video??
S- here (sends the video that Emily took in the first chapter of Kenz singing broken home)

I watched the video of Kenz singing her tiny heart out. She looked so broken, I didn't realise how much the situation with mum and dad had taken a toll on her. When did she learn how to play piano though, and man that voice, where has that been.
As if in cue there was suddenly the sound of smashing glass, you'd think by now we would of ran out of glass huh?
I heard a slight whimper coming from Kenzie's room. I walked towards her door that was just a crack open.
I looked in and the sight almost broke me. Kenz had her knees to her chest in her bay window, her head was rested in her knees as tears fell down he pale face.
She didn't notice as I entered the room, instead she started softly singing,
"Hey mum hey dad when did this end?
  Where did you lose your happiness?
  I'm here alone inside of this broken home
  Who's right who's wrong who really care.
  The fault the blame the pain's still there,
   I'm here alone inside if this broken home"

"Kenz?"
She looked up at me, wiped her eyes with her sleep, then proceeded to look out the window.
"I'm sorry."
"Hey, stop apologising okay. Listen to me kiddo you're not alone."
"But you're never here, well you are but you aren't ya know. And even at school when I'm with people I still feel alone."
Next thing I knew I had lifted her up and put her in my lap, cuddling her like she was a baby, and to me she is.
"This hasn't happened in a while, it's also been a while since you called me kiddo."
"I know, I'm sorry for that. I'll try to do better. You can sing you know."
"Not really."
"Yeah! Sing for me?" She just shook her head into my chest. Suddenly there was a bang and some curse words, Kenz flinched in my arms. I gently placed her back on the bay window and walked over to her guitar then sat in her bed.
"Tell me the chords to your song, I'll play you sing yeah?"
"The chords change in the chorus and bridge but for the verses it's Bb F# Ab F#, you could probably work out the rest."
I started strumming the chords I was told but she never sang so I looked up at her.
"I don't wanna"
"Please?" There was another bang then Kenz started softly singing.

"They would yell they would scream they were fighting it out,"

We played the whole song again and again while mum and dad were fighting, each time we found new harmonies.
I really missed her.
The fighting went on for a while, we both ended up lying on her bed the guitar across both of our chests. As the fighting died down Kenz slowly fell asleep against me, I put the guitar down and stroked her hair.

I woke up by someone thrashing around in my arms. It was Kenz, I looked at her clock. 3:12 a.m . She was having a nightmare.