Chapter Seventeen - Ketchup and Mustard

As fate would have it, Midoriya was not the only person preparing to apply for UA- and while the genius might be going Plus Ultra to ensure that he got into the school, that was not to say that others weren't trying.

"Come on... please please please please please please-" With his right hand outstretched, a bolt of pure yellow electricity exploded from his body and into the air, before being followed by a cascade of lightning; violently thrashing all about the garden, scorching the grass and setting alight to the nearby shrubbery as his Quirk rampaged unabashed.

He had the power, the looks, the confidence, and the brains... alright, maybe he didn't exactly have the last one- but the main thing that he lacked was accuracy. Letting out a frustrated yell, Kaminari attempted to stop his Quirk from destroying even more of his parent's garden than he already had, however he found his emotions were forcing his Quirk's switch to be in the 'on' position. Keeping his eyes trained on the can that rested at the other end of the garden with a glare; the very can he had been attempting to target for the past twelve-or-so hours, he finally allowed his arm to drop back to his side.

Back when he had first started training to go to UA, he had tried his hardest to fight against himself as his intelligence began to drop and his brain started to fry; trying to remain 'conscious' for as long as he could whenever he reached his output limit- however after months of training he just let himself slip. It wasn't worth the pain and possible brain damage that the fighting against his Quirk's effect could cause. Though he couldn't actually be hurt by his own Quirk, the raw power it often portrayed did scare him, especially when it burned and tore his clothes.

"I'm never going to get the hang of this..." Kaminari mumbled, his face beginning to feel like static. Though his hearing was impaired by the lightning, it didn't block out the worried gasp that came from his left. He attempted to turn his head towards whoever had seen him; to warn them to stay away with what little will-power he had left, however the only thing he saw was a blur of red exploding towards him, before it wrapped itself around him in a comfortable yet containing grip.

"Hey, Kami, calm down, okay? Don't burn yourself out, I've just got here!" The person joked, seemingly not phased by the nearly One-Million volts that should have been directly flowing into their body- or at least if they were being affected, they weren't showing it. Opening his mouth, Kaminari attempted to speak to whoever had attached themselves to him, however he found himself unable to make anything more than incoherent noise.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous it is for you to train on your own..?" Whoever was speaking had either trailed off, or Kaminari was just not able to hear them anymore as an ear-piercing sound began to ring throughout his mind, and the voice began to echo out of comprehension. It wouldn't be long before he lost his rational thought all-together. Though he doubted that whoever had grabbed them had let go, he had long since lost the feeling of their arms around him.

Sighing, Kirishima felt his friend go limp in his arms and the numb feeling that his lightning was causing finally subside. Unhardening his skin, he knelt down and allowed Kaminari to rest against his legs; a frown making a way onto his face. He knew that he had been practising his Quirk alone, even after he had advised him not to on several occasions, but he had never even begun to imagine that he was being so risky.

"Sometimes I still wonder why he thought I was worthy... How can I be so worthy if I can't even help my friend..." Kirishima sighed, feeling the still unfamiliar surge of energy rush through his arms before dissipating almost as quick as it came. Staying in silent contemplation for a few seconds, Kirishima finally stood back up, still holding on to Kaminari as he dragged the two of them back in the direction of the blond's house. He had initially come over to train, however seeing that that was no longer a viable option, he decided that he might as well just stick around and watch some TV while he waited for his friend to wake back up. After all, it wasn't like he could just leave a bumbling Kaminari alone.

Walking through his friend's house it was clear that he was home alone, which only made the blond's actions more stupid in Kirishima's eyes. Taking him to his living room he then laid Kaminari down across his couch, before taking a seat in the nearby unoccupied recliner.

"You know you don't need to push yourself..." Kirishima mumbled, quickly shooting a glance to his still bumbling friend before grabbing the TV remote and flicking it on.

"...And in other news we finally have a statement from the Symbol of Peace himself on the unusual events that happened during a recent rescue mission, in which the two teenagers that were meant to be rescued managed to break out of captivity themselves mere moments before the rescue mission began!" Kirishima's ears picked up at the mention of his new teacher's title, having not been told that such an incident had ever even occurred.

"This incident is definitely a unique one, I will say that much! Ordinarily, an action like this would be classed as Vigilantism, and consequences would have been put in place- however I think it is safe to say that in this case, reprimanding these young teenagers would be the wrong thing to do! I-" Cutting away from All Might, the news reporter came back onto the screen, seemingly wrapping up the story as Kirishima changed the channel.