26 | Eleven

"She is a perfect collection of imperfection & flaws." ~ r.h. Sin

The clues glare at me, laughing maliciously with every passing second.

I hum low under my breath, flipping the petals over and over in my palm, gaze flicking from one to the next.

I huff, sinking lower into the cushions as I let the petals all from my palm and flutter to the coffee table.

I lean forward, elbows digging into my knees as I lift the petal with the letter 'H' on it and move it to the end of the line.

Grabbing the 'R', I move it so it sits above the rest of the petals, separating it from the rest.

Five numbers stare back at me now, zero, eight, two, seven, two.

I rub at the headache pooling beneath my eyes, my head flicking over to the side as a body falls into the spot next to me on the lounge, their shaggy hair falling into blue eyes.

Liam grins, winking at me before he reaches for the remote and flicks the television on, flicking through the channels before landing on a movie, the soft murmur of the characters reaching me for a second before I refocus.

". . . I can't believe I brought my real parents to our wedding. . ."

"What's up, buttercup?" Liam says smoothly, leaning up beside me as we both gaze down at the petals.

The feel of another presence pops the bubble I'd formed around me and I lift my head, turning my gaze behind me as Archer walks up, sitting on the arm of the couch.

Liam reaches for the remote, turning the TV down as we all think, i move the petals around, flipping them upside down but no pattern emerges.

I groan and sink back into the cushions, moving my head to stare at the side of Archers face as he looks at the petal, his brow furrowed.

Liam exclaims loudly and I turn to him, noticing his looking at the remote.

"What?" Archer murmurs, his arm brushing my shoulder as he twists to look at Liam.

"The numbers." Liam says, pointing to the numbers on the remote and the letters underneath them.

I lean over, seeing the number he's pointing to and their respective letters.

I reach back for my phone and open the notes app, quickly typing out the new sequence of letters.

Eight, TUV

Two, ABC

Seven, PQRS

Two, ABC

Zero, Nothing.

"What if it's the letter O, not a zero?"

I quickly put that in, since it makes the most sense with the new pattern.

H R O

"Google to the rescue, knew I should've played scrabble more. Where is Taylor Swift when you need her?" Liam mutters, pulling out his own phone.

"There's only six answers and only one of them makes sense." Liam says after perusing the list.

"Which one?" I ask, feeling my back straighten, muscles tightening.

Liam turns his phone to me, and I read the answer, my lips forming the word as Archer says it.

"Harbour."

"Like the boat harbour?" I say, already trying to figure out how many boat harbours there are in the area.

"What if it's a trap?" Liam mutters.

"It most definitely it." Archer replies.

"But it's the only lead we have." I add, looking between the two men.

Archer nods and stands up, walking for the stairs. "I'll inform the others." 

Liam looks to me, his blue eyes twinkling. "It's time like this I wish we had a theme song, it would be the perfect way to go from one scene to the next, a cool transition if you will."

I blink at him, "What?"

"Like the Kim possibly theme song, the perfect way to start a mission." He fiddles with his phone before the music starts playing.

". . . Oh yeah. . ." Liam bobs his head and I can feel the smile start to stretch across my lips. "I'm your basic average girl. . . " he gets up, swaying his hips as he moves up the stairs and I move to the kitchen, faintly hearing the song playing, Liams voice accompanying it.