20 | Eleven ✔️

My heart pounds in my chest as I walk from the shower, my eyes instantly narrowing on the man sitting on my bed.

"Archer." His name is a soft whisper falling from my lips.

He doesn't say anything, his silence weighted, almost suffocating.

"Why are you here?"

I let my face fill with amusement, dropping a hip as I turn to face him. "This is my room, remember?" I muse, crossing my arms, as if that could shield me from his curiosity.

His jaw clenches, his eyes alight with faint anger.
"You know what I mean, Eleven."

I narrow my eyes at the sound of my Agent number, feeling my spine strengthen, my eyes sweeping over his body.

"What happened to Sarge?" I murmur, raising a delicate brow.

He stands up, his arms crossed. "I found a file, pretty hidden and it had your details and stats on it."

I swallow, my heart stuttering in my chest.

"And?" My voice is calm but inside I'm freaking out. What has he seen, found?

I've worked too hard to let a mistake like this derail everything.

"You were trained with gun from a young age, many weapons actually." He murmurs, "Very proficient, practically raised with a gun in your hand."

I only blink back.

"Then why the fuck have you been acting like you don't even know what a bullet is?"

I shut, sighing. "Like you said, maybe I've slacked off the last year."

He laughs mirthlessly, shaking his head.

"Where are you going with this?" I prod, gliding my arms tighter around me.

He grinds his teeth, pushing off the door and stepping towards me. "What are you planning?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stop bullshitting me right now, Eleven."

I shift my jaw, humming low under my breath.

"You came back for a reason, why? And why are you using my team to do whatever it is?"

I look away, "You brought me here." I remind him.

He scoffs, the sound so sharp I almost flinch if I wasn't prepared for his anger, his glare directed at me. "I don't believe for a second you had no control over that. You could've fought harder; you could have left."

I hum, not denying or agreeing and drop my arms, "What do you want me to say, Archer?"

"I want you to tell me the truth." He grinds out, "I want you to tell me if whatever you have planned will put my team in danger?"

I swallow, already knowing the truth but I can't stop now, I won't.

"Maybe you need to stay out of my way, then." Is the only confirmation I give him.

"What are you doing?" He mutters, stepping closer. "Why my team?"

I don't answer, and he steps closer. "Are you putting them in danger?"

I don't answer and he laughs mirthlessly.

"Fucking hell," He shakes his head hazel eyes dark with accusation and regret. "Yesterday, today." He pauses.

I furrow my brow, "What about it, Archer?"

"What we did-"

I can already here the regret in his voice, tinged with self loathing and I close my eyes for slightest second before flashing them open. I cut him off, "We fooled around, so what?"