Jealousy

"Hey (Y/N)!" Monika went over to me. It was lunch break and I was eating a sandwich I bought from the cafeteria in the classroom. "Hey that looks good~" She tears a part of it and ate.

"Monika... You could have ask me for some first?" I sighed. She only laughed.

"Anyway listen, me and Natalie were..." We began talking.

~Meanwhile in the background~

"Y'know, you see those two together very often now." A female stares at the both of them. "What do you think is up with them?

"Heard Monika joined his club so it's probably just about that." A guy brushed it off.

"Still, they seem close. She's from another class and she always hangs out here since then... Saw them going home together too." She has a mischievous look towards him.

"Are you trying to annoy me or something?" He groaned.

"I'm just joking" She laughed. "But still, you need to hurry up or else someone might snatch her."

"Tch, everything's fine..." it's true that I've expected some other guys to have their sights on Monika, she's cheerful and nice to everyone...

But I never saw that (Y/N) coming...

"What are you gonna do about it, MC?" She asked.

~Back to you~

"Hey Monika!." Her classmate called out to her from the hall.

"Yes?" Monika went towards them. "I'll see you later (Y/N)!" She smiled and waved at me.

I put the packaging of the sandwich away and looked at Monika as she left until the wall inevitably got her out of my sight. There's still something about her that I can't shake the feeling off.

"Someone's popular." Someone leaned on the wall besides me.

"Hm?"

"Monika, I mean..." He looked at me with an expressionless face.

"Oh yea, she really is..." I softly chuckled. This guy, his name was Markus Chase, i think. My classmates usually call him MC.

"So, (Y/N)..." He started again. "You two are getting close lately haven't you?" I could sense a bit of anger in his words.

I almost choked on the remaining parts of the sandwich in my mouth.

"Are you two going out?"

There is the question I feared.

"Uh No! It's not anything like that!" I panicked. "We are just clubmates and all! Our club is in tough times so were trying to fix it!"

He sighed. "Yea, I guess you're right." He looked out the window, I saw a small smile he almost let out. "I mean, you two are nothing alike. You look like gloomy and dull otaku and she's... Monika!" chuckled.

Oof ok.

What's with the condescending attitude? Did i make him mad? Oh wait, maybe... "Do you perhaps, like Monika then?" I asked nonchalantly.

My question catches him off guard and he flinches. "Huh? I uhm..." He starts to blush. Ok I am no longer intimidated.