1- Noah's Ark

Writes note: Hey, I'm Sam and this is my first time publishing a LGBT book, so I figured it was about time. I will try to keep it as updated as possible but it might be a bit hard with my schedule. Be welcome to comment any suggestions or thoughts, as I will make sure to read them.

WARNING: THIS BOOK MAY CONTAIN SLURS, STRONG LANGUAGE AND TRIGGERING MESSAGES

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN ANY BRANDS/COMPANIES MENTIONED IN THIS BOOK

~to my dear olivia rosetta ikonen, thank you for being my redd~

⋆𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕒𝕤

I woke up and groggily turned my alarm off. 6:30 already,huh? I sat on the edge of my bed and glanced around my familiar bedroom, that I have spent almost my entire life living in.                                                                                                   I look along my bookshelf; lined with bible stories "Noah's Ark", "Jonah and the whale", "Rahab and the spies" and others I have come to know all too well. Under this shelf sits another neatly sorted shelf with bible lesson handbooks and my "Emergency bible" as mum likes to call it.

I walk over to my window and open it widely, breathing in the fresh air, I look across the city below me. London sure is warm this time of year. I stride over to my chair and pick up a pile of folded clothes and take them into my bathroom. "Lucas you best be awakened!" I hear mum shout from outside the door. "I am mother" I reply. "Good, son" she shouts back.  I sigh deeply.

As I get in the shower I feel the warm water run down the skin on my back. I will be finishing sixth form and moving out in a few weeks. The only thing that changes is that there is more work, oh and I might need to start trying to do well enough to pass my classes. Mum is convinced I'm going to become a doctor or a lawyer so the last few years I had to do all the stupidly hard subjects that I don't even want to do. I don't really know what I want to do, but it would probably be something to do with music. But when I proposed that idea to mum and dad, they didn't exactly support it. Or pretty much any of my other ideas. So now I'm taking a film class, because that's the best my parents will allow.
Marie and Eva's parents are both really cool and they're doing anything they want. Håkon's mum doesn't really care what he's doing which I guess is a blessing and a curse, but at this stage I'd much prefer it to my situation. Håkon only moved here from Norway a couple years ago but he was instantly part of the group and since then I can't imagine not having him around. His father left when he was young and his mother and grandmother have been looking after him since. He's pretty sure his father wasn't Scandinavian like his mother though, since he has his dads dark hair. His mother is a pale and petite lady with blue eyes and bleach blonde hair. Håkon has his mothers pale skin and blue eyes, but his fathers strong build. When he arrived he didn't speak much English, but now we can't shut him up.

As I pull back the shower curtain to step out the shower, my phone goes off, singing "Whoops I did it again" I chuckle loudly and stumble out of the shower and pick up the phone. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey Lu, we still on for breakfast at 07:15?" Marie asks me. I had completely forgotten about that. "Oh yeah, of course. I'm just away to leave now!" I lie to her. She says goodbye and as she hangs up I look over to the clock. 07:02 it reads. Shit. I scramble and get my clothes on and shove all my books in my bag. As I get to  the bottom of the stairs I see my parents stood at the bottom. "Now, Lucas. Where are you going in such a rush?" they ask me. "Promised to meet the gang at quarter past 7 for breakfast." I explain. "You're not going anywhere until your father tells you the good news!" mum exclaims. "Oh God"I exhale loudly. "Lucas Alexander Cameron! We do not condone swearing through The Lord in this household!" She scolds me. "Fine, sorry. What did you want to tell me?" I question them. "Oh right, Bill tell him!" my mother jeers. "Ah yes, uhm do you know Francesca from Sunday School?" he asks. "Yes..." I reply,rolling my eyes. "Well your mother and I were thinking, that since you're now 18, and permitted to date, you could maybe meet with her sometime? Her parents and her have already agreed." he explains. My mouth hangs open,unable to speak. Its hard to even imagine dating a girl, let alone the fact that my parents think I could. "So... what do you think?" mum eventually asks. "I'm just... shocked.." I say. "Don't be! You're a great young lad and I'm sure many ladies would love a chance with you." I almost chuckle, before telling them I'd consider it.

As I rush out the door I check the time. Shit. 07:13. I've got to get across town in the next two minutes. I take off, running alongside the Thames, heart and feet pounding. While I run I breathe in the cold air, feeling the sharpness in my lungs. I haven't ran in a long time and it feels great, though my calves are already stinging, and tie blowing madly in the wind. I'm running and running, until my legs are numb. Then, as I am watching the sunrise through the skyline- thwack. I run straight into someone, sending him wobbling. "Ohmygod I'm so sorry sir!" I apologize. "No worries, mate." he smiles, turning towards me. Then it hits me. It's him.