12- rumours

I couldn't decide who to dedicate this to. So, here's to Olivia Inkonen and unnamed Bugár, my two favourite people.
köszönöm, hogy az egyetlen, aki törődik velem. a világot jelented nekem.
——————————————————————
I sluggishly slouch on my stool at lunch, too tired to interact. I cross my arms on the table and bury my head into them. I let my thoughts slip away slowly until i'm nearly asleep.
"Dude" I jump to the prodding of something in my ribs. I glance up to see a tall and angled boy I know as Håkon, poking me with a fork.
"You okay?" he asks before taking a seat. I nod and he thumps his lunch tray on the table. "There is girl in my English class today. New girl. Very nice. Very big-" I slip away again as he starts talking again. Two lighter people come and sit down and I can just about hear Marie whisper "What's up with him?"
"Nothing is." I raise my head and try to smile. "Just tired. Don't stress it." I reassure them carefully. Very carefully.
Careful now.
Don't worry them now.
Let them live happy now.
They don't need your worries now.
I smile lightly and put my head back down.
"Oh, by the way Lucas-" Eva starts. I prop my head up quickly to see her flashing blue eyes.
"The boy you brought last night.. Adam... you should invite him out more. He's super cool." She continues, stabbing her pizza with the blunt fork.
"And not to mention a total fox." Marie giggles and winks at me. A hot flush rushes through me for a second before i realise she doesn't know. She couldn't know. Adam and I are just friends anyway. There is nothing to know.
As if on queue my phone buzzes with a text from Adam.
<<ello>> it reads.
<<hey!>> I type back after waiting a minute.
<<you going 2 averys party tmrw? x>>
my heart flutters. I had no idea of this party before now. I've only been to two parties before. The first was Alexander O'Tooles 14th at laser tag in town. I came last on the team and Josh, came first. Josh was my best friend that year. Until he heard the rumours.
The second was Reagan Bryce's annual halloween fest. His parents are loaded and he invited everyone.
We arrived and it smelled of weed so strongly Eva nearly threw up and Marie made us leave. A part of me wished we had stayed. Just to see what it was like. To have the true teenager experience.
After I don't reply for apparently too long Adam texts again <<i was wondering if u wanted to go? not like as a date oc bu like if u wanna invite friends we cn meet up?>> he says briefly. Almost exactly like he's trying to not care.
<< Yeah of course, I'll let you know.>> I send him.
"Yo! Who wants to go to Avery Douglas' party tomorrow night?!" I announce to the group. They all look up at me. "Ain't it invite only?" Eva points out.
"Uh yeah, but the fabulous Adam Redd appears to have just invited us!" I explain.
"Really? A real party with real people and real snacks and real music and real-" I stop Håkon.
"Yes,yes,yes! Real everything!" I tell him. He smiles widely and I can see the satisfaction on his face.
<<what time? x>> I quickly punch back.
<<pick u up at 8? x>> he replies almost instantly.
<<cool. the squad are comin too so we can see them there?>> I say.
<<adress? x>> He asks me.
<<12 Northwood drive, c u then x>> I reply.
"What's up with you?" One of Marie's latest boys asks, sitting down.
"What do you mean?" I ask him.
He has a strong jaw and curly blonde hair.
"That goofy ass smile dude" he says.
I laugh it off and shrug.
"Just glad to be going to a party" i tell him, which isn't half a lie.

⋆ 𝕒𝕕𝕒𝕞 ⋆
lucas' adress pops up on my screen and Jack points at it and raises an eyebrow. i've not got his name saved in my contacts yet.
"Which girl have you been chatting up?" he asks suspiciously.
"No one, just a mate." i tell him.
"are you bringing this mate to Averys party tomorrow then?" Jack asks me, emphasising the air quotes around "mate".
"Might do." i reply.
i go to reply to Lucas but then a swarm of more people come over. Noah and Jack glance at me and Noah grunts. I look up to see James, Thomas and some other faces. we don't speak to these other lads often so i'm not sure why J and T have brought them over. James and Thomas are twins, so we like to refer to them as "JT"-it's easier.
"JT!" Noah chants and slams his fist into one of theirs. "You got a light?" one of the tall guys asks me.
"Aye, but it needs refilled soon so don't run it dry mate." we chuckle and i chuck the lighter at him. He lights the cigarette slowly and takes a puff.
"I thought you didn't smoke Adam? Why've you got the lighter?" Jack asks me. I take a deep breath in.
"I don't, it's my ma's." I say quietly.
"Good, I wouldn't let you anyway." he says, trying to be all fatherly and shit.
"Just for that" i say, stealing the tall guys fag. i take a draw and feel it burn my lungs. It tastes like dirt. I honestly can't see why people like this shit.
"No one tells Adam Redd what to do." I announce.
"Apparently this lass you've been talking to does" Jack pokes.
"Ooh, you've got a bird then have you?" he asks. Not exactly, no. My heart sinks.

Writers Note
hi it's sam i'd just like to apologise for how short this chapter is. one of the people i dedicated this one to passed away shortly after my writing this, and i haven't touched it since. i'll be working on finishing another chapter soon, and maybe even a new project.
-sam :)