Chapter 13

A/N JK ROWLING OWNS EVERYTHING CUZ [she deserves literally no compliments ew why did I write that I hate that bitch now fucking terfs istg, anyways-]

Silence had rung in her ears for so long, she barely believed it when she heard the soft breathing of a young boy not far away.
Warily, she opened her eyes to be blessed with a sight she had lost hope of seeing.
"Mon fils?"
There he stood, the boy she thought she'd never be able to see again, her son.
"Mum? Dad?"

A watery smile lit up her face as she reached out to touch him, only to be stopped by the paper walls in front of her. She snatched her hand away, as if burned, before looking warily back up at Harry.

•—•—•

Harry stumbled back, bumping into some silverware, startled at this development. Him, an orphan, was talking to his mum. His dead mum. It was a lot to take for him.

"Um, hi?" Harry asked awkwardly, unsure of how to act towards the parents he never knew. He wanted to know them, sure, but they knew him as a young babe, not the teen he's grown into. They were his birth parents, but they had no part in raising him, they didn't teach him how to walk, talk, read, write. They decided that a war was worth more than making sure their child had a loving family raise him. So, yeah.

Awkward

He knew he was being harsh, but he was going to be raised by the Dursley's if it weren't for Merlin. The Dursley's. Who, in Merlins wise words, are 'Absolute bloody dollop-heads'. However, he thought, if they're willing to put effort in to make up for it, i suppose I will as well.
So, with his mind made up, he prepared to have a 'fun' chat with the people who birthed him.

"I'm Harry, though of course you'd know that, you are my parents after all, of course you'd know my name, you gave me my name, not that you used it much, no that's not what I meant, I mean you probably had a nickname or something I dunno I guess I ju-" The boy cut himself off, before scratching his neck and sheepishly saying; "I'm rambling aren't I?"

The man that looked so similar to him chuckled. "Just a tad, prongslet, it's okay though. Trust me, we're as nervous as you"

Harry raised an eyebrow, unbelieving. "Reaaally, Mr Cool As A Cucumber? You are nervous? I'm sooooo convinced"
"Oi, cheeky"
Harry simply responded with an impish grin, and with that action, all tension dissolved, and all that was left was a broken family, finally reunited.

They spoke for hours upon hours, all sorts of things from the truth of Harry's upbringing (including the Dursley's, at which Lily furiously spat a word Harry never expected to hear from his mothers house), to Harry's hobbies, his hardships, the houses he is part of, and finally, they finished on Dumbledores horrendous treatment of the young Potter.

"I knew he was bad, but this- this is too much. He... he almost ruined you, he was shaping you, training you to be his wEAPON. THE AUDACITY OF THAT-"
At this point James wrapped his arms around his furious wife, in a feeble attempt to calm her down, stroking her her soothingly.

"Ahhh, the famous Evan temper strikes once again. Darling, if you want to take him down you need to be smart. You can't let your emotions get to your head, alright?"

Lily took a deep breath and swiftly nodded, moving closer into her husbands grasp, before calmly opening her eyes and looking at her son.

"Harry, dear, it must be getting late. You should probably head home now, remember, you can take us if you would like."
"I- where would you like to go?"
Lily and James smiled softly.