Chapter 12

"Hey Will!" Said Mike running up to him in his camp uniform

"hey Mike..?" Said Will running his hand through his short hair

"do you know where crafts is?" Said Mike looking around camp for the crafts building "It's like the one place I don't know where it is."

"Yeah, It's like the only place I know around here." Said Will looking at his feet

"Great!" Said Mike smiling down at Will

"Hey, about yesterday... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to weird you ou-" Started Will while he walked to the rec center

"yeah, it's fine." Said Mike grabbing will's arm causing to stop and turn around to face Mike "it was nice."

and then Mike did the last thing Will would have ever expected him to do, he kissed Will's forehead and grabbed his hand. Will smiled up at Mike his eyes full of curiosity and joy, was the boy he was falling in love with really holding his hand? They walked to the Rec center together not saying a word but enjoying the comfortable silence.

"Hey Will!" Mike said painting a red dot on Will's nose when he looked up from his painting.

"Mike! that's not fair!" Screamed Will placing a pink streak of paint on Mike's cheek

Mike dipped his brush in blue paint and painted a line on Will's forehead before he could dodge. Will got him back with a orange stripe on the side of his neck, Will tried to make another streak on Mike's nose but he tripped on his backpack and fell forward. Mike caught him, as always. The two of them just stood there in each other's arms staring in to each other's eyes.

"Looks like all I'm doing these days is falling for you." said Will laughing and wiping his cheek with a cloth.

"Here, let me." Said Mike taking the cloth and wiping the paint off of Will's very red cheek

Will loved the touch of Mike's skin on his face, It made him feel safe, wanted. both things Will had not felt since his mom started drinking, Will closed his eyes leaning in to Mike's soft touch. Mike wrapped one arm around Will's waist pulling him closer so their faces were inches apart. Will kept his eyes closed waiting for a kiss that never came, all Mike did was wipe the last of the paint from Will's neck then walk away to get clean cloths. Every time they got close to kissing, Mike ran away, just like Cole had done in Will's old life.