Chapter Seven

~The Next Day~
~Jeongguk's POV~

"Haha! You c-can't catch me, baby!" Jinnie ran ahead of me and I laughed, catching up to him "Nu-uh! I'll get you Jinnie!" I managed to tap his shoulder, making him jolt and fall to the ground laughing. I joined him on the grass and we both laughed together. Suddenly the sky turned dark and it turned cold "w-what's happening?" I looked around and suddenly Jinnie disappeared into a cloud of dust and I screamed "Jinnie!!! Someone help me!!!" I stood up and I ran in a random direction. I suddenly knocked into something and I looked up, screaming again "Helpp!!!" It was a big black cloaked figure and it had a huge mouth. It growled at me and I whimpered softly. It opened its mouth and-

I woke up in a cold sweat, suddenly unable to move. I couldn't speak for a moment and I felt something tight around my throat as if it was strangling me. Once I could speak I screamed as loud as I could "Daddy!!!!" The door opened and the figure was dark, making me scream again "Monster!!!" I was suddenly picked up and I fell limp in the person carrying me's arms. I felt someone gently rub my back and I snuggled into them "Sshh, it's okay sweetheart. What happened honey?" I gulped and I looked at the person holding me, smiling when I saw it was Daddy "M-Monster ate Jinnie a-and couldn't move" I couldn't form proper sentences for some reason as my brain was fuzzy and it was slow "Aww and did you think I was a monster?" I nodded sadly and I got a kiss to the forehead "I'm sorry you had to go through that honeybun. Want some milk and your paci now?"

I nodded eagerly before I knew what I was doing and I was carried into the kitchen. Daddy put me down in the high chair and I swung my legs underneath, picking up the paci on the table, before I popped it in my mouth, sucking on it happily. Appa came on and he kissed my cheek "morning bunny. Are you okay?" I nodded and smiled at him "uhuh. Daddy's makin mik" I said, accidentally missing the l in milk " Sounds delicious bub. Would you like an apple sweetheart? I'll cut it up for you" I nodded and I smiled at Daddy, who handed me the milk "Tank you, Daddy" He cooed at me and I took out my paci, then I brought the nipple to my lips. I drank the milk and I watched as Appa chopped up an apple into little pieces.

Once I had finished the milk I hiccuped and giggled as Daddy took the bottle away "Are you hungry poppet?" I nodded and Appa picked up a piece of the apple with the fork. I opened my mouth expectantly and he flew it around in the air "Here comes the food train! chugga chugga chew chew!" He put the fork in my mouth and I chewed the apple, swallowing quickly

"Good boy! Here comes another piece!" We kept up that charade until the last piece was eaten and I smiled when I saw the empty plate "What a good boy! you ate it all!" I hid my face in my hands and they laughed at me fondly. When they went quiet for a moment a clap of thunder rang out, making me shriek. The lights flickered and dimmed, plunging the kitchen into blackness. I whimpered softly and I shut my eyes, not wanting to see any monsters that will eat me.

Appa turned on the flashlight on his phone and he walked out of the room "I'll see if I can fix it" Daddy lifted me up and he carried me to the playroom "Are you alright bun? you aren't scared of the dark are you?" I hid my face in his chest and he sighed softly "It's okay poppet, no monsters will get you while I'm here. Daddy'll protect you" I felt my eyes prickle with tears and I gulped "Y-You.. protect me?" I asked quietly, not wanting to alert any evil monsters lurking in the house

"of course I will, Appa will protect you too. Oh, talk of the rabbit" Appa came in the room and he sighed "The lights won't turn back on, I think a power line got cut from the storm. Should we call the others? they live far enough away the storm won't affect them" I heard Daddy and Appa talk and I phased out why am I acting like this? why am I acting so childish, like Jinnie? Am I finally doing this 'slipping'? namjoon told me not to slip...but it feels so nice...so peaceful...even with the thunderstorm...