Chapter 3

Danielle got a text from Kiana, telling her to meet the girls at the mall. Perfectly, Nova worked at the movie theater located inside, so they all planned on visiting her.

Danielle drove her way there, not wanting to bother the girls to drive back down to pick her up. Danielle got a text from Josephine on her ride there. She wasn't ready to open it so she decided to wait until she got inside the mall.

Danielle finally arrived and walked inside. She walked over to the food court and saw the girls already sitting down, so she took a seat by Nova.

"Hey Danielle." Kiana welcomed as the other's greeted her as well.

"Hey, what are we talking about?" Danielle asked, trying to understand the topic.

"Nothing in particular.." Luna responded, trailing her voice.

"Wait.. are you okay? You know, from last night?" Danielle only asked to make sure, not to rub in the memory.

"Yeah, it's whatever." Luna shrugged, leaning back in her chair.

The silence between them had made it awkward for them, so Nova leaned forward.

"Um.. my shift starts in 10 minutes." Nova had a bright smile on her face.

"We should walk up there." Kiana suggested and they all agreed.

As Luna and Kiana walked forward, Danielle whispered in Nova's ear.

"Don't tell anyone about last night." Danielle was referring to the kiss between her and Josephine.

"Don't worry.. I wasn't planning on it." Nova replied quietly.

Thinking about Josephine reminded her of the text she forgot to open. Danielle reached for her phone and read the message.

we need to talk.

Danielle's eyes widen, trying to think of an excuse instead of ignoring her.

can't, at the mall with my friends.

Danielle hoped Josephine wouldn't bother her and not hearing a ping from her phone knew that wasn't the case anymore.

Nova went around the counter and told the other employee to leave since it was already her shift. The other girls leaned against the counter, chatting amongst themselves until Brandon walked forward, putting his hands around Kiana's eyes.

"Guess who baby." Brandon whispered in her ear which had Nova rolling her eyes.

"Brandon! Stop!" Kiana smiled brightly as she turned around to peck his lips.

Luna gave Nova a look towards her, and Nova understood, turning around to get popcorn, hoping as she turned around that they would disappear.

"Hey Luna," Brandon greeted which had Luna smiling lightly at him. "Danielle." he also greeted.

"Since when did we talk?" Danielle laughed aloud, pulling herself to sit on the counter.

"I was just trying to be- you know what.. nevermind," Brandon responded.

As Nova turned around, giving the popcorn to Luna and Danielle, Brandon's uncomfortable face from Danielle's comment turned into a smile.

"Hey Nova." Brandon smiled.

Nova's distracted eyes from looking at the ground, looked right into his heavenly eyes. She felt like she couldn't breathe. She wanted to stare into those chocolate brown eyes forever.

"Hi." Nova said rather quickly.

Kiana couldn't help but feel jealous at the contact so she spoke up, "We should go, Nova.. our tickets?" Kiana gave attitude.