13

a few months later

"Good morning," Jimin's mumble was quiet when Ara woke up to see him staring at her, propped up on his elbow, resting his head in the palm of his hand.

"Jimin!" she gasped, sitting up in bed, "What about Eunji?"

He smiled softly, chuckling as he leaned in closer to her, "Relax, she's been at Min Hee's place since yesterday, she's taking Eunji to see her parents, my auntie and uncle."

Ara furrowed her eyebrows, "Why didn't you tell me that sooner! If I had known, I would have taken yo-"

"Huh?" he smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her back to lie down on the bed, "You would have what?"

"Hmm, nothing," she grinned and nuzzled her nose with his, "I love you."

"Yeah," he nodded, kissing her again, while hugging her back tighter, "I love you more than you can imagine."

"I know," she pulled back and looked him in the eye, pinching his cheek, "You're the cutest."

"Really? The cutest? Are you sure? I mean, have you seen my daughter?" his smile was cheesy, as he traced his thumb across her bottom lip and down her jaw.

"Oh you got me there," she shook her head and pulled him closer, and bringing his lips on hers again.

--

"So you, literally, don't have to look after Eunji all of today either?"

"Mhm," he nodded, sitting at Ara's kitchen bench, watching as she slowly mixed an egg in a bowl along with other ingredients to make an omelette.

"I'm stuck with you? All day?"

"Okay," he stood up, full displeasure showing on his face, "Offence taken."

She shrugged, "I mean, what would we do? Eunji was my favourite part of this relationship."

"You're totally forgetting we're the same age, just because I'm a dad," he crossed his arms over his chest, with a pout, "I can be fun."

She giggled, and honestly she often did forget his age. But sometimes it wasn't because she assumed he was older, it was the opposite. Even now, standing with his golden oversized hoodie, the one he left at Ara's place too many times to count that it just became another addition to her closet which she wore when she missed him. Paired with black skinny jeans and hair that wasn't styled but through which his fingers had been run a few times, hanging over his forehead, he sure reminded her of the boys during her high school times.

Looking back down to slip the omelette onto the plate as it was done being fried, before turning the stove off and walking over to him.

"Well then," she tilted her head at him, "Mr Fun, what will we be doing today?"