six

She wanted to die.

Well not literally, of course.

She's still young, had so many things ahead of her and she still wants to actually do something with her life before she takes her final breath.

So, no. Dying is probably not the best option right now.

Of course, aliens won't come and abduct her and the ground won't magically open up and swallow her whole being so she's officially left with no choice.

But shit, her heart was beating so fast right now that she's actually scared it would suddenly give up on her and stop pumping blood or maybe it's her lungs that would suddenly stop processing the oxygen her nose breathes in. Either way, she's nervous as hell and all she wanted to do right now was to go home and rethink all her life decisions.

Because let's be honest here.

What the fuck was she thinking?!

"Are you done?" Her neck almost snapped as she looked up and met Jungkook's intense stare.

"Done with what?" Is that seriously her? Her voice sounded so timid all of a sudden.

"I can see the gears turning in your head, doll. Stop overthinking."

Is he actually serious? Lisa's eyes narrowed in disbelief. Does he not know how much of a big deal this is?

"I'm not overthinking," she huffed. "Let's talk."

He smirked. "Okay Lalisa, let's-"

"Why the fuck did you kiss me?"

"Why did you kiss me back?"

Damn, he got her there.

Jungkook pulled her by the waist and the next thing she knows, she's suddenly sitting on his lap, straddling him and it's honestly a blessing how she's not hyperventilating yet.

"Answer me, doll." He looked up at her, and Lisa wanted to open her mouth and speak but for some reason, she couldn't. "Why did you kiss me back, Lalisa? Or rather, why did you let me?"

He sighed when she didn't say anything.

"Why'd you let me kiss you, doll?"

She flinched when he touched her cheek. She's not scared, more like shocked at how delicate his fingers caressed her.

"Years, Lalisa."

"W-What?"

"That's how long I've been wanting to do that."

Lisa swore she almost choked on her own spit when she heard that. She wanted to slap herself to check if she was dreaming or not.

But then again, why would she? It's not like this is a dream she'd want to wake up from.

Besides, she probably heard that wrong. Why would Jungkook ever-

"I like you, Lalisa."

Okay, now she wouldn't just choke on her own spit, she's probably gonna stop breathing anytime now.

He held her hand and Lisa felt her cheeks heating up. Damn, what the fuck is happening? Is she stuck in some type of an alternate universe?

She faked a smile and chuckled. "Stop joking, Jeon."

His forehead creased and his face held an unreadable expression. "I'm dead serious, doll. Do you know how many times I wanted to kill every single one of your exes that made you cry? Do you know how many times I wanted to tell you how I feel-"