ten

Panic was an understatement right now.

Honestly, was she always this stupid?

Of course he'd be here.

Why didn't she think of that?

This was (or still is, who the f knows) their spot. The one place they run to for escape. It was where they would spend days locked up (or out) in, with piles of junk food and drinks that could possibly render them unconscious, or worse killed. It was where they hid from reality (or school, if we're being technical). If things get too much, too sad or too happy, and if things got scary or exciting, basically the damn place was an existing, tangible, 25-inch witness of everything Jungkook and Lalisa.

For some unknown idiotic reason, Lisa thought it would be nice to spend some quiet time alone, go to the 12th floor fire escape at her old apartment building and maybe just think about her life for once.

Really though, she's hella fucked. And she hella just wants to escape, thus the fire escape. Yeah, that definitely sounded less cringey in her head.

After that talk with Chaeyoung, she decided to go straight home, grab a change of clothes and the key that led to that fire escape. It was where she, and he-who-shall-not-be-named goes to whenever just to hang out or sometimes (who was she kidding it was a lot of times) when they were upset or troubled about something.

To her defense, all the alcohol she consumed in the last 72 hours might still be in her system because for some unknown, terribly misguided reason, she decided to go to the place that would remind her so much of Jungkook.

How truly smart she was.

Cue sarcastic eye roll.

It amazes her really. The last time either of them went here was when they were in high school. They'd cut classes and spend time here. Lisa would almost always be at the fire escape if anyone asked back then, until before she had her first boyfriend. That had been years ago, but evidently she can still see traces of her in the small space.

A pink old teddy bear that had seen better days, a pair of white nike's that were practically deteriorating, and the plastic chairs that she bought for her and Jungkook that one time she decided she's had enough of sitting on the cold metal railing.

She smiled, her eyes a bit teary. Just how is she not dehydrated yet? She's been crying almost nonstop this past week, it's insane.

What's more insane though wasn't how her tear ducts aren't dried up just yet (bitches just don't give up), but the fact that there were bottles of soju and take-out wrappers on the floor.

Oh please excuse her, that wasn't horses racing on the field, that was her heart, beating at an approximately very alarming rate.

There had to be some kind of a medical explanation for this.

For her heartrate, not the soju and wrappers.

God, less than five minutes in and she's already a mess.

Fuck that.

Panic wasn't an understatement, it was the only logical emotion she was capable of feeling right now.

It definitely wasn't her soju, or sushi take-out bags. For fucksake she didn't even like sushi, eating raw fish would haunt her in her sleep like she was a murderer or something. And the soju? She preferred cold beer, or some cheap red wine if she felt fancy.

So the only logical explanation?

Jeo—nope she couldn't even say it in her head.

It was a good thing she brought wine.