10

I dressed comfortably for the school fest today, donning a cozy yellow hoodie and a pair of well-worn jeans. It was an exciting day, as students were encouraged to invite family members, friends, or significant others to witness the event. I was looking forward to the random performances and the delicious spread of foods prepared by different grade levels.

As I settled into the kitchen, I first took a piece of biscuit and cold chocolate milk, the sound of footsteps from the living room alerted me to the fact that Mr

As I settled into the kitchen, I first took a piece of biscuit and cold chocolate milk, the sound of footsteps from the living room alerted me to the fact that Mr. Kang was likely waiting for me. I continued to eat, when suddenly Jennie walked in.

"Are you going to work?" I asked, concerned about her health.

"Who said I'm going to work?" Jennie replied, looking at me with curiosity.

"You're dressed up," I commented, trying to figure out where she could possibly be heading.

"I'm coming to your school," Jennie said nonchalantly, causing me to practically drop my spoon in shock.

"You're coming?" I asked once again, feeling equal parts excited and nervous about having her visit my school. Jennie simply nodded in response, walking towards the fridge to grab a carton of milk and a box of cereal from the pantry.

Jennie poured a generous amount of cereal into her bowl, carefully adding the milk until the cereal was fully submerged.

"Your friend texted me last night about it, and she asked if I'm coming. Why didn't you tell me?" Jennie asked.

I took a deep breath, feeling slightly defensive. "Well...I don't usually bring anyone to the school event, and the school is used to that. I didn't think it was appropriate to ask you to come, especially since you still have work," I explained.

"I took the day off. I'll go just because I owe you something from staying up last night to look at my temperature," she explained.

"I just don't like the thought that I owe you something, so I'll pay you back today," Jennie continued, pulling her gaze away as she began to eat her cereal. The sound of the spoon clinking against the bowl filled the silence between us, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth spread throughout my chest.

I took a quick glance at Jennie's outfit and immediately knew that it wasn't appropriate for the school event. She's wearing her usual work attire that screams CEO. "You should change into some casual clothes. We're not going to your office anyway,"

As I stood up from the table, I grabbed Kuku's food and poured it into his bowl, making sure he was well-fed before we left the house. As I walked towards the living room, I saw Mr. Kang sitting on the couch, a warm smile spreading across his face as he caught sight of me.

"Good morning, Mr. Kang," I greeted him, feeling a sense of respect and admiration for the older man. He had always been kind to me.