18

Lisa's POV

As a couple of weeks passed since that day with Jennie, I was glad that she hadn't brought it up again.

I went about my morning routine, brushing my teeth and washing my face before putting my hair up in a messy bun. As I walked towards my side table, I noticed that I had received some texts from Bambam and Jisoo. Bambam had sent me a message saying that he would treat me to something special on Monday, since he was currently out of town with his family. He also wished me a happy birthday, which brought a smile to my face.

Jisoo had also sent me a message, telling me to enjoy my birthday with Jennie today. She said that she would go with Bambam and me on Monday so that he could treat her as well.

I put my phone down on the side table and walked out of my room, feeling a sense of excitement and anticipation. I made my way towards Jennie's room, hoping to find her there, but she wasn't. Perhaps they had planned a surprise for me today, I thought to myself with a smile.

As I walked down the stairs, I noticed that the living room was empty. I looked around, feeling a little disappointed, but then I remembered that they might surprise me in the kitchen. I fixed my bangs in the mirror and chuckled to myself, feeling giddy with excitement as I walked towards the kitchen.

But when I got there, it was also empty. "Jennie Kim, just come out and surprise me already," I yelled out, but there was no response. I walked out to the living room and looked around, hoping to find some clues or a note that would wish me a happy birthday, but there was nothing.

I let out a sigh and chuckled to myself, realizing that I had been expecting something even though I had celebrated my birthday alone for years. I sat down on the couch, feeling a little sad but also grateful for the company of my furry friend Kuma. He ran down the stairs and jumped onto my lap, which made me smile.

"I'll take that as a happy birthday, Kuku. Thank you," I said, kissing the top of his head. I turned on the TV and started watching some random shows, trying to pass the time.

Suddenly, the elevator opened, and I turned to look, expecting Jennie. But to my surprise, it was Mr. Kang, wearing a party hat on his head. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight of him, and it lifted my spirits a little.

"Happy birthday, Lisa," Mr. Kang greeted me, and I stood up from the couch to give him a warm hug.

"Thank you, Mr. Kang," I said, pulling away from the embrace.

"I'm sorry I can't buy you a cake, but I got you a gift," he said, pulling out a paper bag from behind his back. I peered inside and saw a pair of branded and quite expensive shirts. I was touched by the gesture and looked at Mr. Kang with gratitude.

"That's so kind of you, Mr. Kang. It's not about the price, it's the thought that counts," I said with a smile.

"It's not as expensive as what Jennie got for you, but it's still a bit pricey for me. It cost me a week's salary," he explained, making me chuckle.

"Thank you, Mr. Kang," I said, feeling overwhelmed with gratitude as I looked at the beautifully wrapped gift he had given me. "You didn't have to buy such an expensive gift, but I really appreciate it, especially because it's from you."

Mr. Kang smiled warmly, and before I could say anything else, he pulled me into a tight hug once more.

"Lisa, I'm sorry that Jennie couldn't be here," he said, as he released me from the embrace. "I wanted to tell her earlier, but she drove to the company on her own, and I couldn't get a hold of her. Her secretary told me that she was in a meeting with some investors."