School

Sophie's Pov

Of course Ellie and Daisy had decided to skip school today and I was left alone. They could've asked me to come with them... Though they probably thought that I wouldn't skip school, and they were right, I wouldn't. I want to graduate and get good grades, being in a gang -higher than most of the people- doesn't change that. I walk to my locker since the first period hadn't begun yet. I put in the combination and opened the locker, put in a few of my books that I didn't need yet. I had time before the first period so I randomly decided to organize my locker. We had lockers that were small and were on top of another so I was glad that I had the upper one.

I was thinking about Nick and I, were we just friends? Did he want more? How is he going to react when he finds out about me? Does he really like me? Was Kyle being honest?

My thoughts are interrupted as someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to face smiling Nick. "Hey" "Oh, hi" I smile back at him and continue to tidy up my locker as Nick leans to the locker next to mine. "Whatcha doing?" Nicky asks casually, but I could hear that he was going somewhere with his questions. "Just cleaning my locker before the next period" I chuckle. "So... I was just wondering...." Nick starts slowly, sounding bit shy and unsure. "Yeah?" "Ummm... Would you like to go on a date with me?"

I swear my heart stopped. I just stared at him, trying to figure out was he kidding and I couldn't find any sign of that. I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding.

"I... Understand if you don't want to" Nick said turning around and starting to walk away. I quickly grab his hand and pull him back to me "Sorry, I just got confused. You? Want to go out with me?" I question. Sure guys have wanted to go out with me million times before but never someone who only knew the school me, the nerd side of me. "I'd love to go out with you" I continue smiling sweetly. "Really?" Nick asks pleasantly surprised. "Definitely" I grinned. Nick sighed in relief "Thank god, I was scared that... you wouldn't want to..." he admitted bit ashamed. I kissed his cheek "I have to go to class" I closed my locker "But I'll see you at lunch" I smiled "Sure, see you then" and with that I left for class.

Nick seriously asked me out. I haven't really been dating anyone after Michael... The guys were starting to get worried about me, which was actually kinda sweet. I hadn't been ready to date anyone until now. I never really thought that someone who knew this side of me would want to date me, but now that someone does I feel guilty for not telling about the gang things. The sooner I tell him, the better. I'm not used to showing my feelings like this so it's a bit weird. I've always been friends with guys, since I was little. But that's the thing, I've been friends with them. Before Michael I had dated only one guy and that was some lame pre-teenage crush. Everyone in our gangs are my friends, they're always there for me. My thoughts probably sound all confusing but that's exactly how I feel, confused. But happy... I might not seem like the girliest girl but I'm still a girl and I stress about these things.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts as I entered the classroom. I had no periods with Nick or Kyle before lunch so now I have time to just breath and relax.

But of course when it comes to me, I can't relax. Most of the popular girls were in the same class and a few jocks too. I walk to a empty seat looking down at my feet. "Nerd" someone coughs from the back and everyone snickers. Nerd? I take that as a compliment like always since that's exactly who I wanted to be in school.

The class ends soon and we get out. I already head to the next classroom since I have nothing else to do. I can heat the sound of high heels coming from behind me, no doubt it was Ashley and her followers/wannabes. I ignore them and fight not to look back. The sound is now coming from closer. Knowing that they wanted to "have a chat" with me, I go into the girls bathroom where they obviously follow me.