Chapter 40

After two months of being at the hospital, Twinkle was finally allowed to come home. Physical therapy continued for her everyday at the hospital and has lessened some of the pain she was having, but her movements were still restricted. Allan wheeled her into Star and Vicky's house. She was advised by the doctor to bring an oxygen tank and a wheelchair home since her body is still not at its strongest. Twinkle smiled at the balloons that hung on the ceiling plus the banner that said "Welcome Home, Twinks!" hanging by the wall. "Wow, nag-abala pa kayo ha ate and tita V," Twinkle said as she held her mother's arm. "Naku, syempre naman. Ikaw pa, blessing na naiuwi ka na namin kaya dapat sini-celebrate yan," Star said as she gave Twinkle a kiss on the cheeks. Twinkle smiled back at her mother. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She felt really good to be home. "Iba po talaga pag matagal kang hindi nakakauwi noh? Mas na-aappreciate nyo pa lalo na nasa bahay ka na at nakauwi na," Twinkle said as she smiled at everyone. "Nothing beats home," Vicky said and everyone nodded and agreed.

Allan helped Twinkle transfer from the wheelchair to the couch. She closed her eyes the moment she sat on the couch. "Sakit?" Star asked worriedly. Twinkle smiled a little and nodded. "San masakit, Twinks?" Vicky asked. Twinkle pointed at her gunshot wound, "Sa loob pa din, tita V, hanggang sa likod," Twinkle answered. They all gave her a worried look. "Pero okay lang talaga ako ate, tita V, normal naman daw po yun sabi ng doctor tsaka ng therapist diba?" Twinkle said, trying to reassure all of them. "Pahinga ka lang dyan, kuhanan ka lang namin ng food," Star said as she gave her daughter a kiss on top of her head. "Kumain ka din ate ha," Twinkle reminded her mother as she held her face. "Oo naman, sabay tayo baby ko," she said as she showered Twinkle with hugs and kisses. "I can't wait to sleep with you later," Star whispered into Twinkle's ear. "Yay! Ako din," Twinkle said with the brightest smile on her face. Star smiled at her daughter and went with the rest of them to the kitchen to start getting some food. Allan glanced over at Twinkle and subtly went closer to Star, "Mahal nag-seselos nako nyan ah," he said to her quietly then he smiled. "Mahal, anak natin yun, 'wag ka mag-selos selos dyan," Star said as she smiled back at him while she got Twinkle a plate of food. "Hindi. Selos ako kasi di ko sya mayakap katulad mo," Allan said as he looked like a little boy who was a bit hurt. Star looked over at Twinkle to make sure she's not looking. "Magagawa mo rin yun, mahal," she tried to reassure him while she subtly stroked his arm. Star came back a few minutes later to hand her daughter her plate of food. Allan sat down close to her. "Sir Allan, salamat po sa pag-sama samin dito ha, laking tulong nyo po, bigat bigat ko pa naman po, pasensya na po kayo," Twinkle said as Star sat next to her to feed her. "Walang ano man, Twinkle. Masarap kayo kasama eh. Tsaka nakakatuwa na pwede na kita makasama ng walang nag-iisip ng masama," he said as he looked at her. "Oo nga naman po," Twinkle replied. "Kain lang po kayo ng kain ha," Twinkle said. Allan nodded, "Ikaw din, ang payat payat mo na, bawi ka ng kain," he said. Twinkle nodded. Then she looked at her mother, "Ate, kaya ko naman na kumain mag-isa eh," she said as she held her mother's hand. "Sure ka?" Star asked to make sure. "Sure na sure," Twinkle answered. "Mamaya nyan, pag-ikaw ang mag-subo sa sarili mo, dalawang subo ka lang," Star said worriedly. "Ay, ate ako tatabi dyan, papagalitan natin yan pag hindi nya yan naubos," Millie said. "Bubbles!!!" Twinkle said as she opened her arms. They all laughed. Millie hugged and kissed Twinkle on the cheeks, "Parang di tayo mag-kasama umuwi kanina Shine ah," Millie said as she laughed. "Ano ka ba namiss pa din kita. Dito ka nga," Twinkle said as she hugged Millie one more time. Star and Allan smiled at the two of them. When they finally gathered around in the living room with Twinkle to eat, they said a prayer. "Lord, thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you for never leaving our side all throughout Twinkle's fight for recovery," Star swallowed. Everyone looked at her. Twinkle caressed her mother's hand to comfort her. Allan, Vicky and Millie all swallowed their emotions. "We're thankful po kasi hindi nyo kami pinabayaan lalong lalo na yung an— andito ngayon, yung andito ngayon," Star said, her heart started racing. Everyone glanced over at Star. Vicky squeezed her hand gently, reminding her to be more careful. "Salamat po dahil binalik nyo sa amin si Twinkle, although mahaba-haba pa yung road nya to full recovery, andito na sya sa bahay and she's well. We can see her smile and laugh and hear her speak. Nayayakap namin sya, nahahalikan, nahahawakan, nakakasama," Star said when her eyes failed to contain the tears that were eager to come out. Vicky and Millie started crying, too. Allan swallowed, trying so hard not to cry with them. "Salamat din po sa mga taong nakipag-laban kasama namin at hindi kami iniwan kahit kelan. Salamat po kay Vicky at Millie na walang sawang nag-bantay at nag-dasal para saming lahat. At kanila Patrick at Jackson na walang sawang nag-hatid sundo ng mga gamit at pagkain para sa kanila at saming lahat. Para kay Allan, na araw araw ding nakibantay at sumama samin. Salamat po because if not for him, hindi nadala si Twinkle kaagad sa hospital, he carried her as fast as he can and drove her to the hospital. Kung hindi nya ginawa yun agad agad, we would have lost her already," Star said. Twinkle's eyebrows met as she looked at Allan. "Maraming salamat po. May gusto pa ba kayo idagdag?" Star asked. Twinkle nodded. "Thank you din po Lord tinulongan nyo ang ate ko na gumaling din kaagad. Salamat po binigyan nyo po siya ng isa pang chance at life at ganun din po ako. Salamat po sa bawat araw na nakakasama po naming lahat ang mga mahal namin sa buhay. Maraming maraming salamat po sa lahat po ng blessings nyo sa aming lahat. In Jesus name, we thank you, Amen." Twinkle added. Everyone who was gathered around Twinkle smiled at each other.