I

"This shit fire, Quest," my music engineer spoke his opinion, bobbing his head back and forth enjoying my new song.

"Preciate' it, Mook. Put my voice above the beat there," I demanded as my voice now roared over the old school mix.

The upbeat part in the song began to slow down, as the small mellow harmonies in the back played letting my part to represent Nipsey begin.

"Understand your worth. Know your power and spread love knowing that at the end of life when all is measured, there will be a reward waiting for you.

To leave earth is only to part with the physical. The body is just the shell of man and only a temporary home to covet our fathers most divine creation, the soul. The soul lives forever..... and underneath the core lining of our heart, lies a deep rooted love given to all humans at birth.

As we grow, so does our love. We develop feelings & attachment to and for things we learn to cherish. Family & friendships sometimes bring out the best & worst in us creating a lifelong roller coaster of mixed emotions. It is only when we allow the mind to over power the heart that we are faced with temptation, conflict, hardship & develop hate for those & the things we were born to.

To hate is easy but will never be STRONGER than LOVE. You have to understand it to spread it & you have to open your heart to receive it. Let's be better in all aspects of life today, for tomorrow is never promised. Rest in Peace Nipsey, my brother for life, the marathon will continue past the death of your life."

Giving one of the niggas in the studio his blunt back I shook my head exhaling allowing smoke to part my lips.

Nipsey was one of the only Crip niggas I fucked with. He showed people it didn't matter what set you represented, you could come together as one regardless. Always spoke real shit, and that's why everyone loved him.

"They always steal our kings from us," someone mumbled as the song ended. Half the people in the studio I didn't even know.

"Aye! Where my nigga at, let's go out you ready?" Chris came in with Justin, Chance, and Wale.

"Ah! The bad man, bless up. Why you not ready?" Wale approached me sitting in the chair to the left of me.

"Had to finish this song. Yo, Chris why you got all these bitches in my studio you know I don't like this energy when I'm recording," I stated with a mug on my face as the Asian girl on the couch bit her lip at me.

"Get out please, I can't focus with all this pussy in the room. It stops my creative process. Matter fact all ya'll get out my studio! Drinking all my liquor, smoking all the weed, eating all this free food that I'm paying for. Hop out this bitch," my voice roared through the room, as everyone obeyed leaving out.

The Asian shawty slipped me her number squinting her already half way closed eyes at me. Ling Ling baby must really want to see if it's true what they say about black men.