II

"No, me and daddy's photo looks better," Cali pouted as she let her ten year old brother get under her eight year old skin.

Looking down to make sure she was seeing things correctly, she looked down at my phone to see the picture of us.

"No, this photo is better," Prince sighed sliding the picture to ours as she shook her head.

"You two aren't even smiling," She folded her little arms as she dramatically fell back on the couch making me laugh

"Were men, we don't smile!" He defended getting up holding his chest like he was annoyed with the fact that she wasn't getting his point.

"I think both pictures look good. It shows me with my baby girl treating her like a princess, and me with my son bonding with him as he's my little prince."

"Dad please.." Cali put her hand up shaking her head," hush, you're not making this any better."

"Girl-"

"Okay, go wash your hands for lunch and eat at the table," my mom said coming in the living room as they ran to the bathroom making it a competition to see who could wash their hands first.

"So what's been going on son," my dad entered sitting on the other couch.

"Music, hanging out with my babies. Living life that's it," I said rubbing my hair as it grew reminding me that I needed a cut. I was thinking about putting it in braids but I wasn't sure.

"Any new women in your life?" My mom asked making me sigh.

Ah shit, here we go again.

"Nah ma, still doing me."

"Well Chris mentioned a brilliant idea to me about how you should allow your friends to set you up with women, and you stay in a house with them and see if you connect with them. It's not my ideal way of finding you a wife but you need someone Quest," she stated calling me by my government letting me know she was serious.

Slouching down I shook my head tired of having this conversation with everyone. "Honey, don't stress him. He still has lots of time-"

"No," she said as her voice cracked letting me know she was about to start crying as I lifted my head back up.