chapter one: dark

Long before, her hands shaped the world.

It was magnificent, pure and untouched.

Sadly, it was lonely and cold in its own beauty.

So, the Goddess desired more.

With her loving heart and the last of her strength, she gave birth to Man.

Each one tasked to love her world and one another.

Weak, she fell into a state of dormancy.

Entrusting her children with the world she adored.

---

"Sire, we've put an end to the riot in the east village."

The knight bowed, kneeling down as he laid his hand upon his heart. The other man rose from his throne as he motioned towards the enormous painted glass window. Delicately, he traced the fine patterns, outlining the image of their beloved Goddess. But it was cold to his touch.

Where are you?

He dropped his hand as he shifted his gaze to his kingdom, the one that seemed to stretch miles beyond the castle walls.

"Loren was the name of the village, correct?"

"Yes, sire."

He took one last look out the window, quietly appreciating the tranquility of an early morning. How he wishes it would always be this peaceful.

"What about the murder in city of Celes?" he asked, finally turning to face the knight. "Did you take care of that as well?"

"Yes, sire. The culprit was executed for his crimes."

"Good." His eyes fell to the floor. Execution was not something he enjoyed hearing but a crime must be punished.

A life for a life.

The law was cruel but fair.

"Sire?" the knight called, rising to his feet. And the other man glanced at him, surprised. He never gave the order to stand. "The number of riots has been increasing as well as theft and murder. Everything seems to be coming to chaos."

A vocal note on how things were crumbling under his rule. But the man knew this all well. After all, he's done nothing but watch it all unfold right beneath his gaze.

As King, it was his duty, his life's responsibility to do all he could for his people.

"King Shim?" the man in armor called.

"How much have the people been praying?" the young ruler questioned, hiding his hands behind him, he glided gracefully towards his subordinate.

"More than ever, sire. The temples across the land are practically flooded both day and night with citizens."

King Shim winced at the slight constriction in his chest. The situation was more severe than he predicted and that's what he feared most.

Had it really come to this?

His people were desperate.

He was desperate.

"Even the non-believers are praying."

They're all praying. Where are you?

-----

The brunette walked briskly, hurrying through the castle doors. She was able to move freely as she chose to wear her light weight armor, or rather her casual uniform. Just a simple set of blue cloth wrapping around the quilted armor underneath, and of course, a pair of trousers and gauntlets. Actually, she much preferred this to the shining silver metal suit, it was more mobile.