Chapter 19

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills as a writer.

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 19

"I can't feel a beat!"

"Is she even alive?"

"Wait, wait! I got something!"

The revving of an engine echoed around them, there were beeping and scrunching. Four hands were handling Malloy simultaneously. One paramedic checked that the oxygen flow was constant while the other checked the gunshot wounds. She gasped as she removed her body armor and blood spilled everywhere. The armor was torn to shreds in the areas where the patient was shot making it useless. She threw it aside and started cleaning the wounds from the debris caused by the bullet itself while trying to keep in balance as the ambulance swerved violently.

"What is she saying?"

The patient's mouth was moving, mumbling something and she was scrunching her nose.

"She's delirious due to lack of oxygen and blood loss. Inform the Emergency to prep the OR," said the paramedic. "She's going to need surgery asap."

"And if we don't hurry we're going to lose her!"

--- --- --- --- ---

Twenty minutes earlier...

Lara Campbell and Béatrice Deforest were waiting for the Pave Low to land in a clearing. The nurses were standing by with the stretcher alongside an ambulance. The ramp lowered and Price and MacTavish carried an unconscious Malloy out onto the stretcher. Williams informed them about the situation and the nurses pushed her to the ambulance.

"Have you got any more injured?" said Campbell.

"We got a soldier with an injured leg and a KIA," replied Williams.

"Is it serious?"

She shook her head. "The muscle and sinew are intact. It's simply a flesh wound."

"We will take care of the KIA Lieutenant," said Deforest. "We will send her home."

"In the meantime, we will take care of Shadow and you will go to an MI6 safe house in Slovakia. After the ruckus you have made at the base, Makarov will surely react to it."

"I want to be informed about Lisa's situation," demanded Price. "We're still in Russia. If her identity is exposed-"

Campbell sighed. She was not known for her patience.

"I will personally get in contact with you do not worry. We know what we're doing Captain Price."

Allen was being veered to another ambulance on a gurney. A white drape was covering her body. Only her combat boots, stained with dirt, mud, and grass were showing. Williams stopped them and took her dog tags where she kept them safely in one of her pouches as a tear streamed down her face.

"Get settled and think about your next move Captain," Deforest told Price.

Campbell and Deforest walked to the black SUV that was waiting for them on the side.

"I have the coordinates," said Nikolai. "Shall we go?"

Price nodded. "Let's move."

--- --- --- --- ---