Chapter 10: You're mine for now

Elise Collins P.O.V

Darkness. Everything was dark and seemed to be fading away. I wanted to get up, I wanted to open my eyes but they were so heavy that I couldn't get my eyelids to move. I was hearing voices, a very familiar but distant voice. There were other voices I couldn't place. I felt something stroke my cheek, something smooth yet very small; I was starting to make out the words being said around me.

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a little girl say, who is she? Where am I?

"Yes baby girl, she'll be okay".

Hearing Zachary's voice made my heart skip a beat. With much more effort from before I managed to open my eyes and looked around me. There was Zachary, hovering over me and holding my hand, he looked worried but was relieved when I met his eyes. I looked to his side and found the little girl. She was so beautiful. Just behind her, there was Veronica. I tried to sit up but my body felt so heavy, Zachary must have caught on to it because he immediately helped me up as Veronica handed me a glass of water. I took it silently staring at the little girl who was, in turn, staring back at me.

"Hi" she beamed at me jumping up and down a little. She must be around four years old.

I smiled at her setting the glass of water back on the table "hi beautiful". I didn't know what to do or say so I looked up at them questioningly.

"Serena, how about you go play inside with your new doll? Mommy needs to talk a little with Zach's friend".

Serena looked a little disappointed but shrugged and did as her mom said going inside. I was about to speak when Zachary sat beside me and held my hand.

"You already know Veronica" he paused waiting for my outburst but I only nodded. "Serena is her daughter."

"Yes, I could tell. And she looks a lot like you, I'm sure you are a great father Mr. Walton."

He let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his hair messing it a bit. I would love to run my hand through his hair again, I shook the thought out of my mind looking anywhere but him.

"You are very annoying you know that?"

I raised both eyebrows "Excuse me?"

"Would you stop calling me Mr. Walton? I'm not your boss anymore. It's Zachary!"

I flinched and stood up glaring at him, I was about to just turn around and leave but Veronica, who hadn't said anything until now stopped me.

"Zachary isn't Serena's father" she said coming over and facing me. She looked at me offering a gentle smile, and there was obviously pain in her eyes.

"But she looks like him..." I blinked a few times before looking at Zachary "why did you even bring me here?" I looked at Veronica as she left the room giving us both some space. I sighed "I need to go, I'll call you later, we'll talk about the hotels." I said wanting nothing but to have a professional relationship with him again.

This thing we had going on was so unhealthy, it was killing me in the inside making me feel things I shouldn't, making me want to kiss him and not stop. I always wanted to touch him or be touched by him and as soon as he pulled away I wanted nothing but to be in contact with his skin again.

"No. I'm sorry Elise, but you are not going anywhere before I explain everything to you. You owe me that much." His face was gentle and pleading and I couldn't say no to him. And I still was a little curious about this whole Serena not being his daughter thing.