Chapter 11: My fake boyfriend

Elise Collin's P.O.V

"He said he'd call," I said while placing the bowls of chopped fruits on the table by the pool. It's been two days since I last saw Zachary, and he hasn't called or text, or even showed up on my doorstep. I had Aria come over and sleep here to keep me distracted from him. I didn't trust myself and had a feeling if I stayed alone I would probably stalk him.

Aria rolled her eyes as she took a sip of her fresh orange juice "This is good, as sweet as I like it" she said ignoring my statement.

"Aria, I said he hasn't called. It's Saturday, today is the gala and he should have called."

"I heard you, baby, I'm just ignoring you just to show you how you should ignore him as well."

"But he said he'll call."

"What the hell is wrong with you girl? Get a grip jeez! Aren't you the one who wanted out of all this game and pretense? Well here's your chance. If he doesn't call, you do the same and just forget about it all."

"Easy to say when I have to work with him on Monday" I looked up at her and saw her smirking. "What are you smirking about now?"

"When was the last time you got laid?"

"What does this have to do with anything? Seriously Aria for once just once, be serious. I think I need a new best friend." I smiled not wanting to show how long it had been since I've been with anyone like that.

"Huh, it has all to do with this. And yeah, go get one, as if you'll find someone as fun as me." She ate some of her fruits and looked in the distance seeming lost in thoughts. I got up and was about to dive into the pool when she raised her hand to stop me.

"Wait! One question, he told you not to date am I right?" I nodded crossing my arms over my chest wanting to know where she was getting at. "Elise you're a complete idiot. Did you honestly believe this crap about the paparazzi? He's being possessive, he obviously doesn't want you seeing other guys so you don't fall for anyone else. He wants you all for himself. That sneaky bastard" she said smirking before popping another chopped fruit in her mouth.

"Do you really think so? I thought it was logic. I mean I can't be seen with another man when I'm supposed to be dating him, so maybe you're wrong there."

"Nah, I don't think I am. And I'm also sure of one other thing, you're falling for your boss" she wiggled her eyebrows before jumping into the swimming pool.

I stood there watching her making laps raising an eyebrow at her. Am I falling for my boss? No, that's ridiculous I've known the guy for two years now. I let out a sigh and decided to take a shower and get ready for the gala even if he hadn't called. He said he'd pick me up at seven, so I have to be ready. I went upstairs lazily and turned the shower on. Maybe Aria was right, maybe I needed to be with someone, and experience it again without fearing being hurt.

But I couldn't do that, not just because he told me not to see other men, but because I couldn't trust men after what Andy did to me. I haven't let anyone in since the incident and I haven't slept with anyone since Andy.

I groaned in frustration while pulling off my swimming suit and throwing it into the laundry basket. I looked at my body in the full-length mirror and smiled in satisfaction seeing my slim waist and curves. As soon as I stepped in the shower and the hot water made contact with my skin, I felt my muscles relax. Letting out a sigh of relief my hand subconsciously trailed down my body reaching for my sweet core. I had never pleasured myself before, and even now that I felt the need to just let out some frustration that had been building for a while now I still couldn't bring myself to do it. I shook my head and quickly showered.