Thirty Four

“Jungkook!” Taehyung screamed.

The man ran a frustrated hand through his hair, looking back at the man now fast approaching him.

Yoonbin had been taken, Jeon clearing out his men in less than thirty seconds and they were now gone, leaving Taehyung a broken mess and Jungkook a stressed one.

“Jungkook!” Taehyung screamed again. “Don’t you fucking dare walk away from me! I want my son!”

“I’m trying!” Jungkook said back, suddenly turning to look at Taehyung. “God I’m fucking trying, but it’s been less than a minute, Taehyung! I can’t just snap my fingers and have him back in your arms within two seconds!”

“You shouldn’t have even had to be in this situation in the first place! Get my son back now, or I’m going to go and get him myself!” Taehyung screamed, turning and stalking down the hall.

Jungkook ran after him, panicking st that point. “Taehyung Stop! Listen for a moment! Please! If you go now, it’ll be suicide! Please just...calm down and let’s talk about this—“

“Calm down? Calm down!?” Taehyung shrieked, suddenly throwing Jungkook’s hands off of him. “I just fucking got my son back from a psycho bitch who had rather been ass deep in cocaine than watch her own son! And now you want me to calm down because he’s in the hands of some psychotic asshole who wants to turn my son into some mafia heir!? No, don’t fucking tell me to calm down! You’ve told me what your father did to you, like hell I’m going to let him do that to my son!”

Jungkook groaned in frustration. “You don’t understand! He’ll shoot you, and then hurt your son. You think your son is safe right now?”

“That’s the reason I’m going to go and fucking get him if you’re not going to fucking help me! Because he’s not safe! That bitch is going to kill my son!”

“Taehyung! Taehyung!” Jungkook ran after the man as he bolted down the hall and towards the front doors. “Taehyung, Stop! We have to think about this clearly, and just calm down—“

“I don’t want to fucking calm down! I already fucking told you, Jeon! I want my fucking son back!”

“Hey...what’s going on here?” Suddenly, Jimin was walking into the room, Yoongi right on his heels. “What happened?”

“My father came and told me he wanted an heir. He decided that Yoonbin would be my heir.”

“And he fucking stole my son! I have to go and get him!”

“Yoongi!” Jungkook shouted. “Restrain him!”

“What? No!” Taehyung screamed, throwing a punch at the man who was coming for him. He landed it on Yoongi’s jaw, but the man simply growled, reaching for him and throwing him to the ground, before making sure he couldn’t escape his grip.

“Think about this, Taehyung! You aren’t going to be doing anybody any favors just marching in there! What do you think you’re going to do, huh? March in there and demand your son, and they’ll just hand him right over?”

“I’ll fucking kill them!”

“You can’t do it alone!”

“Then fucking help me!”

“I’M TRYING!” Jungkook suddenly shouted, losing his cool.

Silence pervaded the air after his outburst, but at least Taehyung wasn’t struggling or screaming at him anymore, “I’m trying.” He repeated. “But you’re making it very difficult, Taehyung. I need you to understand that my father is not someone you can just waltz in on and expect to walk away. He will kill you, and then he’ll make Yoonbin’s life a living hell. Do you want that? Because I don’t. So please, just listen to me for once, and try to calm down so that we can talk about this with clear heads and make a plan.”

“Jungkook...you’re talking about overthrowing your father. Do you know what that means?” Yoongi asked slowly.

“Yes, I know what that means.” Jungkook said, sighing. “But I don’t see many other options, do you? We have to put our heads together and think this through, though, first and foremost. I want all of us to take a break, Taehyung you will not do anything brash or leave, I’m warning you.” Jungkook added. “And well come back in a few hours and talk. Knowing my father, he won’t do anything for a few days. He’ll try and gain Yoonbin’s trust so that the kid is more compliant and easier to manipulate, so the real danger isn’t present yet, okay?”

“Okay.” Taehyung finally whispered. “Okay.”

___________________

Winners of book contest:

3rd Place:  Salty_liek_Suga

2nd Place:  jaipopx

1st Place: InfiresFlower

Thank you to all those who submitted!