22 | Riley's Revolutionary Revelation

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
xxii. RILEY'S REVOLUTIONARY REVELATION

╚══════════════════╝

   SOMETIMES, RILEY WAS SURE that her alleged "one-time" babysitting gig was never going to end

   SOMETIMES, RILEY WAS SURE that her alleged "one-time" babysitting gig was never going to end. Those days didn't seem all too far away; the days in which Tony pretended to adopt her just to hold it over her head, the days in which Riley pretended to be a student at Midtown High all to fulfill a stupid mission that required babysitting a 15-year-old boy. In all honesty, Riley knew deep down that her babysitting service would live on, but she had always thought she'd be stuck babysitting Morgan—not her grown-ass father.

   "You're acting like a child," Riley ridiculed, her arms crossed.

   "Am not."

   "It's just a tie. Just pick one!"

   Tony scoffed. "Just a tie," he mocked, ripping his concentration from the full-length mirror to eye his daughter. "It's not just a tie—"

   "It sure looks like one."

   "—It's the tie I'm marrying your mother in," Tony continued, ignoring her words.

   Swallowing an aggravated sigh, Riley fired, "You guys have basically been married for five years! Just without the whole wedding thing. What's the big deal? Pick one! They're practically the same color!"

   Tony raised an eyebrow. "There's a specific distinction between Onyx and Noir, Riley!"

   "They're both black!"

   The wedding officially uniting Tony Stark and Pepper Potts was in approximately one hour. It was arguably the ceremony of the century. After all, it was a significant day not just for the Starks, but for the universe's heroes altogether. This wedding would serve as the first happy memory everyone would share after the war. And what was the groom doing to prepare for it? He was arguing with his teenaged daughter.

   Then again, Riley would take this over murderous aliens any day. Things had surprisingly been good in the world for the first time since 2012, and if she had to deal with the melodramatics of Tony Stark, then so be it.

   "What is the matter with you?" she demanded Riley. Her purple bridesmaid's dress shifted as she marched forward, her curled hair falling onto her shoulders. "You're getting married to the love of your life, not swimming with sharks!"

   Tony, clad in his designer suit, silently stared at her. She studied his facial expression and body language carefully. Although he could mask his feelings particularly well, Riley had known him long enough to know better.