+*{Chapter 3}*+

Hey y'all there's probably only gonna be a few more chapters after this because I can't keep a story going for my life >~< But, I will probably end up making either a drarry, klance, tododeku, or kiribaku oneshot book sooo yeah!

~~~

+*{Harry's POV}*+

I coughed up more than one petal just now. If it keeps going on like this at some point I may end up coughing a whole flower up! Should I tell someone about this? Maybe Hermione would know, or maybe even Hagrid? I guess I should tell 'Mione and Ron first.

~In the library~

"Hey Harry, why did you want to see us so suddenly?" Hermione asked, concern laced her voice.

"Yeah mate, you've been acting strange lately, is there something you're not telling us?" added Ron. This was going to be harder than I thought... (A/N ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

I took a deep breath and decided to just get it over with. "Well you see... I think I might have caught a disease," Hermione and Ron looked a bit unimpressed at the reason they were summoned, "but not just a common cold or something..." suddenly I caught a whiff of cologne. Malfoy.

I began coughing uncontrollably, "Harry!" Hermione and Ron said in unison. Ron sprang up from his chair and started slapping Harry on the back, while Hermione was trying to think of any spells that could have caused this.

Two petals.

Another two bloody petals.

Hermione and Ron looked... surprised to say the least. Hermione carefully picked them up and went to work examining, and coming up with possibilities on how this was possible or what was causing it.

"One more thing," Harry began, "it only happens when I think about, or see Malfoy..." Another coughing fit.

~~~

+*{Draco's POV}*+

After I had ran out of my room I decided to come to the library, I heard Potter and his friends but decided to just ignore them. I wasn't in the mood to deal with them. After I had passed their table I heard someone beginning to cough violently, it came from behind me so I assumed it was Potters table.

Harry had been looking rather sickly today, maybe it was him coughing? I wonder if he caught a cold, or maybe he's choking and no one is helping him!? I realized how much I was thinking about him and quickly pushed those thoughts out of my mind, only to be met with silence. Well, at least he stopped coughing.

I spoke too soon, another coughing fit from the table made me concerned all over again. Since when did I ever get concerned about that git? Suddenly Pansy's words were playing in my mind all over agiain...

"It's just-" she was practically on the floor laughing by now, "- you denying your obvious attraction to blokes!"

Did I... like Potter? No! Impossible! He is an overrated git who only cares about himself! An overrated git with pretty green eyes... and dark raven hair... No! I don't... like.. Potter...

Maybe a little bit.

~~~

+*{Harry's POV}*+

Hermione said that she had come up with something, but I might not like that something. She told me to meet her in the Room of Requirements so we could have privacy.

I looked at the time and decided to start making my way (A/N down town) to the Room of Requirements. Once I was inside the room I saw 'Mione wasn't here yet, I decided to take a seat on the couch that had appeared. I was fiddling with my wand when the door creaked open.

"Hey 'Mione, what took you so long?" I asked as she came and sat down on the couch next to me. She had a stern, but sorrowful, look in her eyes.

"Harry... I have a theory about your disease, like I said earlier, you're probably not going to like it." My face fell, sure she had said this earlier but it seems like she knows more about it now because she sounds more solemn. "Harry, I think you have a disease called... hanahaki."

"Hermione, I have absolutely-" I stood up, "-no idea what that is, explain please." I sat back down as Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Hanahaki is an old disease that slowly kills it's host from the inside," I felt my eyes open wider, "don't get too worked up there are ways to remove it." she said and I felt myself visibly relax.

"How do I remove it?" I ask with hope audible in my voice.

"Let me finish explaining it first," I nodded and let her continue, "hanahaki is born of unrequited love. It takes their loved ones favorite flower and causes the host to start growing it inside their lungs." I instinctively grabbed near my lungs as if preventing something from being there. "Anyways, yes there are ways to remove it." she said

I jumped up, "How? How can I get rid of it?!" I all but yelled.

"Well the first way is to get surgery to have it removed from the lungs," she began. That sounded like the best optio-, "but you would forget all about the one you love. Or, you could confess to that person and if they like you back, well, happy ending." I sucked in a deep breath as Hermione finished.

Wait, if it's born of unrequited love... who do I "love?"

"Harry..." Hermione started again, "I think you like Malfoy." At the mention of his name I started another coughing fit. Hermione pat my back softly as I struggled, eventually coughing up not one, not two, but...

Three petals

~~~

Hey guys! I made this chapter a little longer than usual today because I wanted to fit the whole explanation in there. I hope you enjoyed!

946 words