𝐈𝐈𝐈

♥︎

Jungkook doesn't like avoiding his best friend, but recently he doesn't know what else to do.

It had been just over a week since Taehyung cried in his bedroom and Jungkook stupidly confessed to him. Ever since, Jungkook stayed mostly at his house, sent very few messages and gave little attention to his best friend.

Taehyung had tried messaging him, asking him whether everything was ok, or if Jungkook wanted to talk. Hell, he tried every conversation starter possible. (However some messages that he typed were quickly deleted after he couldn't find the courage to send them.)

No matter how much Taehyung texted, there was little response from Jungkook.

He still doesn't want to talk much. It was like he's hoping the world could just move on, forget the embarrassment, forget the confession, and live the way they were before.

He knows Taehyung just wants to talk about it, but Jungkook is so petrified of expressing more feelings, foolishly spilling out everything he had kept secret. Where would that leave Taehyung? The older won't know to act around him, it'll feel weird and awkward— even if they stay bestfriends, they might not be as close as before.

It makes Jungkook more guilty when he realises Taehyungs only trying to be a good friend.

Since the beginning, Jungkook had made it his personal mission to stick by his best friends side and make sure he was happy right up until the grow old and die. (He couldn't imagine a life where he and Taehyung didn't grow old together, even if was just as best friends). After he accepted Taehyung clearly couldn't reciprocate the feelings—he noticed this especially when Taehyung started dating other people—Jungkook didn't mind all that much as long as they were in each other's life. As long as he was there to cheer Taehyung up when he was heartbroken, life wasn't all so bad.

Of course, it hurt sometimes. Like when Jungkook stabbed at his food in the lunch hall while he listened to Taehyung blabber on about a guy in another class at school. Or when Taehyung invited him along to one of his dates, just so he could sit opposite the two and watch his bestfriend flirt with someone else.

That hurt.

Maybe there wasn't such a thing as One True Love. In those stories the pairing are destined to be together. Their story doesn't work out the same. Now Jungkook hates fairytales.

But some may say that's the price he had to pay—As long as Taehyung remained his best friend.

Jungkook wishes he could stop being so over dramatic, he has already spent far too many hours in bed, hiding from his problems.

For once he's dressed today, albeit the most dull and dirty clothes he has, but dressed nonetheless. It's around 11 am, he never really checked properly, and the light seeped through Jungkooks closed curtains. The plant on his windowsill had died.

Sprawled our on his messy bed sheets, he lays silently staring at the ceiling with his earphones shoved into his ears, playing Gotta Broken Heart Again by Prince on high volume.

A banging at his door makes him yank out the earbuds and sit up on his bed. The music continues to play.

"What?" Jungkook answers, slight irritation in his voice.

"Go answer the door, someone's here for you!" His mother shouts as she walks away from the door.

"I'm busy!"