𝐈𝐕

♥︎

The room isn't so dark anymore.

The curtains have been drawn back, and sitting on the windowsill are the fresh Ambrosias where the dying flowers use to be. A shopping bag lays open on the desk, a few of its contents peeking out, along with a half empty bowl of fruit. With the door close, everything is peaceful and quiet apart from the music that comes from Jungkooks earphones.

On the still untouched bed, the two boys lay together with an earbud in one ear. Jungkooks head rests against Taehyung's shoulder as he curls up towards him. He hasn't spoken much, but Taehyung is happy to wait.

Taehyung's right hand lies dangerously close to Jungkook's, and occasionally if the boy shuffles their fingers brush together.

Jungkook can't sleep even if he wants to, his heart still has problems functioning while he's this close to Taehyung.

It was nice, though, to have Taehyung's company. It's nice even when he hasn't gone a week without him, everyday would be just as nice when he's with Taehyung.

However this was like the feeling of finally being able to breathe after holding your breath for so long.

After a while, Taehyung moves positions until he's on his side, letting the younger boys head fall to the sheets (which he was momentarily not happy about). He stops moving when he's in the same position as Jungkook, both facing each other with some kind of unspoken feeling that both of them understands, all the while the phone rests between them playing a soft melody with lyrics that made Taehyung's chest warm. They had gone through a whole playlist of love songs, which made Taehyung wonder what this playlist was. Did it have a name?

Jungkook's eyes wonder up to meet Taehyung's and soon he's captivated again, unable to look away from the brown eyes that turn golden when the sun hits them in just the right spot. Such beautiful, warm eyes that have only ever made Jungkook happy. Every part of Taehyung was beautiful to Jungkook. Taehyung doesn't even fit the beauty standards, because he's Far beyond it— hell, he's created his own scale of beauty.

It only gets half way through the song before Jungkook takes his phone and switches the song off. Listening to all these lyrics while he faces Taehyung was too much for his heart to handle.

Taehyung took the hint that the younger didn't want to listen to music anymore and pulled out his earbud, handing it over. "Everything ok?" He asks softly.

"Yeah" and it's partly true.

"I like that last song, what was it called?"

Jungkook looks down to his phone and attempts to keep his heart steady as he reads the name.

"Uh.. falling for you"

"Oh. It's nice" Taehyung tries to hold down the smile on his mouth.
Jungkook feels like he's in an oven, with the way his body temperature rises every time Taehyung's eyes drop down to his lips. He starts to wonder whether this was a dangerous idea for him to allow Taehyung to stay.

It's quiet for a long time, the two remain lying next to each other. Taehyung closes his eyes at some point, the corner of his lips still curled upwards. 

As Jungkook listens to Taehyung's gentle breathing he thinks, this is nice, because it's all settling— it's almost as if nothing happened and Taehyung is simply here to hang out like any other day. There have been plenty of moments where Taehyung has fell alseep next to him, whether that was on the sofa or on his lap, on his bed or even in his bed. (His bedroom is practically Taehyung's bedroom too.)