It's Not Over Yet

I’m so sorry that it took that long for me to update.

And finally here is the third chapter.

I don’t own anything.

Oh…and let’s pretend there’s no Dani Beck. I mean, everybody hates her anyway. And there is enough drama here I don’t need her, seriously.

They are still falling. And it must have been more than ten minutes since the initial trouble. How amazing that the plane was flying so high that they were not getting easy and painless death.

This time Olivia had nothing going on her mind. It’s blank. She was not thinking about death, her life or Elliot. Maybe she had finally accepted the fact that she was simply dying.

Olivia Benson closed her eyes, swallowed hard. She tried to hold her breath, but failed. The freefall seemed to be going on forever.

Some people were sobbing inside the cabin, while most were quite.

Seconds later something hurt her eye, it was light. Olivia raised her eyelids to look outside the window, realizing they are clear of the cloud now, she could see the ground below.

“That’s the horizon!” Shouted the first officer.

“Attitude?” The captain’s desperate voice somehow had a tiny bit of hope inside.

“Twelve thousand feet.”

There was no more exchange between the pilots. They both knew what should be done. It was there last chance of getting out alive. The trainings they had were just like basic instinct. With the horizon in sight meant they no longer needed the ADIs; and the approaching ground meant they had to take action fast, and hopefully the plane would respond fast enough.

They stepped on the left panel for the rudder and pulled back the yolk in unison.

And it worked. Just like the cockpit simulator would have worked back at the airline’s training center.

Passengers could felt the plane level up again, this time more gentle, more in control. And the aircraft stayed that way.

Olivia Benson came back to her senses. She was safe.

Deep breathe in, and breathe out.

She looked to her left, outside the window, to her surprise the left engine started working again. Running slow at first, the engine gradually picked up and created thrust and noise, which was music to everyone’s ear.

The plane had this slight pitch upward at that moment, indicating its climbing higher.

Someone started cheering, while more were in tears, happy tears.

Olivia turned her attention to Thomas, who was so shocked and terrified that he was simply shaking in his seat, hands still tightly holding onto the armrests. Olivia put a hand on his back, “it’s going to be ok kid. Don’t worry. We are not going to die. It’s safe now.” Thomas looked up, his big brown eyes staring at something that didn’t exist. Olivia sighed and kept her hand on the boy’s arm in hope of giving him some strength.

Her line of sight passed the kid, and the view shocked her.

The old man on the other side of the aisle was bleeding on his head; something must have hit him during the chaos.

An older lady in the seat in front of the man was having trouble breathing and she was rubbing her left chest in pain. It occurred to Olivia real soon that she was having a heart attack.