Chapter 3: Hawk Moth and the Papillons

"Hello? Yes, I know but I'm busy. You understand, right?"

Adrien's POV

"Father, I would rather you here this from me than anyone else but if you insist, when a girl named Lila comes and talks to you about something I did, don't blame me," I say, ending the call.

"He cancelled the meeting, again! Why doesn't he listen to me?" I thought as I checked the time and grabbed my Cat Noir outfit.

Silently closing the door, I sprinted towards the allies. Then I took a corner which led me straight to the change rooms Club Miraculous. There, I entered the cubicles and changed into Cat Noir without my mask. The painter who goes by the name Evillustrator applied a black mask that matches my Cat Noir mask and smiled.

"Enjoy, Agreste!" He whispered, winked and worked on another person mask.

I didn't mind him knowing who I am because he had to make a mask for me but I hope he doesn't tell. Well he can't, right? But then again, he knows Ladybug's true identity! Maybe he could tell me! No wait, I can't do that. She'll hate me! I walk into the Club to be greeted by...Marinette! She looks up at me, then looks away. I see her smiling, trying to hide her face.

"Uhh, hi! Your Marinette, right? I've heard a lot about you," I say, trying to play it cool.

Inside my head, I was screaming my head off, she right in front of me! Make a good first impression! She nods and I see her blush, cute!

"Uh hi! Ye-yeah my name is Marinette and is it bad things or good because it seems everyone hates me now a days," she replies, looking down.

"Good things, my-um-Agreste, Adrien Agreste. He talks a lot about you," I see her expression changed from a smiling face to a sad face. Something is up.

"Can we talk privately?" She asks, dragging me out of the crowd. We enter the private practise rooms and she closes the door. I swallow hard, not knowing what would happen. To my surprise, she starts crying.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" I ask, comforting her. She looks at me and wipes a tear.

"It's about my friends," I try not to get angry, she probably hates me. "I hate Lila for turning them against me and most of all, threatening him to turn against me! I don't hate him, heck I used to have a crush on him but I moved on," I got a bit upset when she told me she moved on. "Okay maybe I still like him a bit but ugh! I need something to take my mind of this and I ended up here, somehow," she exclaimed.

I smiled and stood up. She apologised for complaining and I told her it was okay. I clicked a button on my phone and La Da Dee by Cody Simpson. It's one of my favourites and I started dancing. I flipped backwards, into a head spin and she started to dance too. She started of a spider, then a hand glide the a back spin. We went on for hours playing songs like Believer by Imagine Dragons, Partners in crime by Set It Off and O.D.D by Hey Violet until I realised that I was supposed to meet Ladybug and talk to her. I apologised and I ran out looking for her. After 20 minutes, chants of Ladybug's name were called and Ladybug entered the room looking around frantically. She spotted me, sprinted up to me and pulled me out of the crowd. Then she started talk.

"Cat! Oh I'm so sorry I'm late! I lost track of time!" She exclaimed. I smiled and told her it was okay, the she explained how she was going to dance on Fridays now but she needed a partner.

"Of course I will be your partner!" I shouted, a little too loud becuase everyone was cheering for us to do a duet.

We both shrugged and took the stage. The song Miraculous, our Club's favourite song, played and we danced our heads off. As the song ended, everyone cheered LadyNoir. We got of the stage and a deafening bell rang, making everyone run.

"Run Cat, Hawk Moth's coming!" I don't know who Hawk Moth is but he seemed like bad news so I sprinted after Ladybug. When we hid, she explained who he was.

"Hawk Moth is the owner of Club Akumatized, our rivals," she whispered. "He made a deal with Tikki and Plagg, the owners, that if we beat him in a dance battle, he'd leave us alone but everyone knows he cheats, breaking people's legs, hands and even backs, forcing them to surrender. That's why we run so he can't battle us."

I thought for a second before an idea came to my head. "Is he a good dancer?" I asked. She looked at me and shook her head. "So why don't we challenge him to a battle but he as to have it live on something or make him dance in different rooms than the dancers?"

She thought about it but before she could reply, a big bang came from in front of us and we ran out of the Club altogether. We ran to the allies after collecting our things and left our separate ways, forgetting that we were going to talk about things. Talk about our feelings.

Marinette's POV

After escaping Club Miraculous, I sprinted home and changed back to Marinette. My plan today was to tell Cat Noir my feelings, if he didn't feel the same way, I'll get over it but if he did, awesome! Hawk Moth just had to ruin it! I promised I'd tell Chloe something, that something is I'm Ladybug. Stupid, but I need to tell someone. I thought I'd tell my feelings first so I did something I shouldn't, I stole Cat Noir's number without asking. Kill me later, whatever but I grabbed my phone and added his contact. Then I messaged him asking to meet me somewhere in costume. I told him it's Ladybug and told him about our conversation for proof.

Hey Kitty, this is Ladybug. Yeah, I stole your number without asking, sorry. Anyway, could you meet up with me in front of **** **********'* ******* *****. I need to talk to you. To prove it's me, we talked about Hawk Moth and the Papillon's and you gave us an idea to make a live video or dance in different rooms. Could you please come there at 5pm just before our duet dance on Friday? Thanks, Ladybug

Hi Ladybug, yes I'll meet you there. There was something I was supposed to tell you, but I had no time. It's okay but next time ask, I would of given it to you. I'll save your number and you save mine. From the pawsome Cat Noir

I rolled my eyes at his response. I checked the time and fell asleep.

"I have to think about my confession!" Adrien and Marinette thought.