🏫 Grumpy Baby 🏫

﹏   🙊   ﹏

Weekend rolled pretty quickly but Yuu thought it had been ages. He missed Mika so much, he wanted to see him or at least talk to him. It was fool of him not to ask for his number when he could. He was just too happy to remember small things.

But when Monday finally came, Yuu wasted no time to get to school. It was the first time for him to be excited over the place he used to call hell hole, really. He wondered why.

“Eat your breakfast first, brat.” Guren was in a bad mood since his so-called-son woke him up during his shuffling around of ‘getting ready’.

“But I have no time! Oh my god, I'm gonna be so late.” Yuu dramatically looked over to the clock on the wall. It was only seven thirty, no way in hell he'd be late even if he decided to change another clothes and dress up again. He was just eager to meet the certain blue eyed boy.

“Sweets, you know you are not going to be late. Just eat. It won't take long and you'd finish before you know it.” Shinya sat himself across from Yuu and grabbed his spoon to feed him. The young boy just huffed before he took the spoon back and feed himself. Shinya smiled. “You know I'm happy when you eat my food.”

“I always eat your cooking, Ma.” Yuu spoke with his full mouth.

Not when Mikaela is absent.”

Yuu choked hearing the unfiltered response from Shinya. He didn't know he was capable of saying something like that. For heaven's sake, at least warn the damn boy first.

Shinya brought the tip of glass to Yuu's lips and the boy sipped the drink.

“Mama, why did you say that?” Yuu complained once he finished gulping down both food and water.

“It's true though. You're the real idiot when you're in love.” Guren answered instead, laughing as his head was thrown back, feeling proud of his come back.

Yuu pouted, jabbing his fingers into Guren's side, making the man's laughter increase due to the tickle. “You're mean.”

“It was funny. I once tried to imagine what would the news gonna say, like ‘a boy willingly starved himself because his crush left him’ oh gosh, it's ridiculous.” Guren laughed so hard he barely got any breath in his lungs.

Yuu's hard glare would have sent Guren to death and become ashes if it could burn.

Yuu kicked Guren at his shin under the table before he stood up fast enough to make the chair behind him fall and hit the floor, stomping furiously towards the door and slammed it back shut, the walls slightly rattling after. A loud shout of “I'm leaving” could be heard from the inside of the house even though the boy was probably already a few miles away.

Shinya could only send his boyfriend a sympathetic look before leaving him to clear up the table. “Looks like you're in a big trouble, honey.”

When Yuu made it to school, his hope was drowned into the deepest ocean. He had searched Mika in every corner of school but he was nowhere to be found.

He thought after all that happened, after his first kiss got stolen, Mika would change. Oh so wrong he was.

“Hey, Yuu. How was weekend treating you?” An arm thrown onto his shoulders and Lacus' face was revealed the next. René was behind him, giving Yuu a smile.

“It's... fine, I guess?” Yuu scratched the back of his neck. “How about you?”

“Yuu! We missed you!” Before the purple haired boy could reply, Shinoa and friends were approaching them.

“Hi, guys.” Yuu waved at them. He didn't know why he acted a little shy that morning. No sassy remarks were exchanged either.

“So as I said, it was fantastic. René, me and Mika went to a club and we were smashed!” At the mention of Mika's name, a frown appeared on Yuu's face. He recalled Mika was only seventeen.

Was Mika even legal to drink and went to that kind of place? Yuu pondered.

Yuu's thoughts was interrupted when Lacus continued to say, “If you wonder where he is right now, he said he was gonna run some errands but I couldn't keep my mouth shut so he didn't tell me where he went. He just said to me not to tell you.”

“You basically just told him, you moron.” René groaned beside him, putting his head in his hands. “This is why we ain't spilling secrets to him.”

“But, why? Did he go to his photoshoot again?” Yuu was on the verge of tears, he was so emotional this morning he didn't know why.

Lacus pouted seeing the boy sad so he cradled him in his arms, acting like a mother reassuring her upset child. “No, no, baby. He was just doing something out there. He'll be back to you later. Don't worry, I'm here.”

“It's your fault you haven't answered him.” Kimizuki nagged at him.

“Shiho!” Yoichi gasped, proving Yuu he was the one who spilled the beans, he was not mad though. Rumours escalated pretty fast in their friendships.

Head was still on Lacus' chest, Yuu managed to send death glare at the pink haired boy. “Just shut up, telephone pole.”

Yes, as enthusiastic as he was at saying ‘I love you’ to Mika, Yuu hadn't answered Mika to officially be his boyfriend.

912 words