001 | what do i use to make my covers?

I USUALLY MAKE my covers, occasionally it will be someone else who does and that's either my girlfriend ( cnicholson2014 ) or one of my best friends kelly ( pepperronys ). If I am the one who made my covers, I always use the same programs on my phone, I do not ever use Photoshop because I'm broke :). Moving on, all the apps I use are free but do have options to buy extra things or get a subscription to unlock other features.

     PHOTOS: Google Images, WeHeartIt, Pinterest, and Tumblr, I always use these four to find pictures for my covers which are typically either the faceclaim for the story or an aesthetic photo that I want to use to make a certain theme. I hardly ever use overlays but if I do, I find them on Google Images.

     FILTER: Polarr, this app is frustrating to use at times mainly because sometimes it doesn't work or the filter you wish to use has a premium feature you can only get from having a subscription which is irritating. Other than that, I have no issue with the app and I can always adjust my photo to how I would like with the free features.

     TEXT: Phonto, this is such an easy app to use to apply the text to your covers and I love it. I find my fonts on dafont.com which has thousands of different types of fonts to choose from. The app has several different styles for your text such as underlining, glowing, etc, and you can get very creative with what you create which is fun to mess around with.

     LAYOUT: Canva, typically I use this app or go on the website on my laptop to make a certain layout for my theme before saving it and transferring it over to Phonto to add text. I usually use this app to make borders, boxes, cropping, pictures with overlays, etc, or sometimes I make my entire cover theme from here without ever going to Polarr or Phonto.