‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎↳ books included

( may contain spoilers, read at your own risk )

about.

okay so i am going to tell you guys a bit about each book in the series, without giving too much away, but just in case, i did include the spoiler warning above so no one will come for me (:

     ● blood that binds: this story follows a female named skylar rosemary valeska. she is the younger sister of the valeska twins, but is closer with jerome due to the fact that he practically raised her. she does not know who her biological father is nor does she care. when she is around the age of ten or eleven, lila gives her away to an orphanage where she is later adopted by a newly engaged jim gordon and barbara kean. she suffers from panic attacks and anxiety attacks and nightmares because of her traumatic childhood. bruce wayne and selina kyle help her overcome those things. but something occurs during the end of season two that creates the strongest layer of her development. this story is more about character development than anything else (with a side of major foreshadowing to a strong romantic relationship between batman and the anti-hero skylar becomes when she is an adult), but bruce wayne does play a huge part in her life and the book as a whole.

     ● au volant: this story follows a male named damon cicero. he is the younger brother of paul cicero. he grew up knowing how corrupt the circus was, so when he was old enough, he left, getting himself a job at an ice cream shop. eventually, he becomes a cop at the brooklyn police department, working with mainly kids who are abused or are homeless. lila called him before she was killed, warning him about jerome but he did not believe that she had any kids. however, he finds out she did have kids and moves to gotham where he then tries to form a fatherly relationship with skylar. keyword: try. he is there to watch over barbara, which creates a foundation for the two of them. if you were not already aware, he will be in a poly relationship with barbara and tabitha. this story is more family-based, but there will be a focus on poly relationships.

     ● riddle talk: this story follows a female named charlotte cobblepot. she is the older sister of oswald cobblepot. she is an extremely, extremely protective and maternal sister, taking care of both her brother and their mother. so from a very young age, she is already taking care of her family in ways that a young girl like that shouldn't because she forfeits having an actual childhood for supporting her family and keeping them afloat. however, when she gets older, she does move away (reluctantly) and goes to college to pursue her dream job, which is fashion. she creates her own business and earns lots of money and respect, losing contact with her family up until oswald called, telling her of their mother's death. from there, she moves to gotham and practically leaves her company behind. instantly edward nygma is placed in her life and she is left questioning whose side she should be on: her brother's or her lover's. this story is about sibling loyalty, however, charlotte is a villain to the core, so the story is more about the formation of a villain if anything else.

    ● dark magic: this story follows a female named kennedy wickery. her origin story is basically unknown to the readers. all you do know is that she is an indian hill inmate and that's it, nothing else. but i can tell you that the experiment hugo strange put her through gave her witch-like powers. she is quiet and shy, but friendly. when selina gets stuck in indian hill, the two of them meet and selina feels the need to protect her, as she does with ivy. this story is about the unraveling of a backstory, a mystery if you will. it is also about discovering and embracing sexuality.

note.

these are the first four books, i will post what the other books are about in due time ♥