the nightmares

I had found myself in a vast field. I looked up and could see the blue summer skies, the warm sun shining down on me. It was paradise, I knew it was a dream...sadly...I walked along the field feeling the long stalks of wheat between my fingers. It felt nice...I smiled feeling free. I looked to my side and saw Ezra, I gasped knowing it wasn't really him but somehow...he was different...he had changed in a sense that i could not know just yet... i shrugged the feeling off and hugged him closely. He hugged me back with a smile across his face.

All of a sudden, the skies grew darker, the clouds grew bigger and blacker. I looked back only to see that the vast field had become a dead wasteland. My smile disappeared from my face quicker than it had appeared. I looked back at Ezra then screamed as he had became a lifeless body just laying in my arms.

"E-EZRA! No! No-no...I...I'm sorry for what I did..." I set him down and walked off further into the field. "I-I'm a monster..." I said as tears whelled up in my eyes. I fell to the ground crying, while everything around me kept dying, I looked around then saw my own father.

I stood up and yelled at him "WHY!? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME THIS WAY!?" I held my hands in a fist.

"Calm down Katherine. This is but merely the pestilence when you had let that D-class go." He said. At that moment, Ezra's lifeless body came back to life...he had no emotions to show, stitches all over his body and white eyes. He looked towards me and came running at me at a high speed.

"STOP THIS MADNESS NOW!!!" I yelled to my father.

<this is for your own good my daughter> he replied.

I glared at him coldly before stopping Ezra. I had tears in my eyes and I could barely speak. All that I managed to get out was a whisper "...I am sorry Ezra.." I stabbed him multiple times until he had turned to dust. I turned to my father, keeping my ice cold glare towards him.

"Why...why must you torture me in my own sleep?!" I yelled at him.

<this is for your own good my daughter> he had replied.

I started to breathe louder, my heart was racing and I could feel the adrenaline rush through my veins.

"I am not your daughter...not anymore!!!" I yelled to him as I took off my mask smashing it to the ground. He suddenly grew taller and bigger, he cast a huge shadow above me as he looked down with anger and disappointment in his eyes.

<You should not have done that Katherine...> he said rather calmly.

"And why not?! Cause I'm nothing but a monster under the mask?! I AM A MONSTER BECAUSE OF YOU!!!" I yelled out.

I clutched my hands tighter. I ran up to him and tried to swing a punch at him, only to be stopped by his own hand.

"Katherine. Please. Be reasonable." He said in his monotone voice.

"STOP IT!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" I yelled at him "YOU ARE THE WORSE AND THE REASON I AM A MONSTER" I yelled as I managed to punch him only for him to fall into dust. I gasped then laughed with tears in my eyes. "Well that felt good..."

"Katherine..." he said in his monotone voice once more.

I gasped and turned around to see him once more, I chuckled and cracked my knuckles. "Oh, this is going to be a fun dream." I said smirking.

As time flew by, for what seemed like minutes but could have easily been hours, I leaned against a tree trying to catch my breath.

"Katherine. Please listen to me, listen to what I have to say." He said.

I sighed angrily "why are you still here?"

"What do you mean?" He said.

"I mean, I have been fighting you so much in my dream I thought you would have given up by now" I said out of breath.

He sighed angrily "Katherine. You have to listen to me. I heard you have been feeling down lately and I wanted to check on you without making a breach once more."

I scoffed "Then why did you not ask the scientists for permission?"

He sighed once more. "I did. They denied me by the fact that they did not trust me and that it might have caused another fight between the both of us."

I rolled my eyes and gave a little smirk "Well good then, I mean, you are known to go after innocent humanoids. And not speak as to why you do it. Oh and I have that reputation because of you. BECAUSE OF YOU! I cannot live a normal life. I cannot be free like the other humans!!!"

He gave me a stern look, as if it were to scare me. I gave him a colder glare than before and walked out of the field to a small beach. He looked at me in shock then followed me.

I looked at him and said "I am sorry that I was made half human. I cannot change that, and you cannot either. But it is not a reason to disown me! I am still your own daughter!" I was filled with so much anger that the calm waves from the beach had become violent. The waves had suddenly grown bigger, to the point they had swallowed me up into the sea.

All of a sudden I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

"Katherine...Katherine! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!" Yelled the figure as they shook me.

I jerked up on the bed gasping for air as I looked over to the side. I could only make out the strange yellow suit the person had on. I looked around to see I was in my cell once more. Awakened from the nightmare. I sighed in relief and looked at the strange yellow suit the person had on. I tilted my head and frowned as I did not like how I could not see who they were.

"Katherine, I am dr. Julia. I had come here to wake you from your sleep, you were yelling in a foreign language...is everything alright?" She said as she sat down at the end of the bed.

I sighed and hugged my knees close "yes...I guess so, it was just a nightmare about the fight me and my father had. He said I had let the pestilence grow within that D-class named Ezra...which grew further throughout the world leaving only the two of us. Me and my Father." I sighed as I looked down "If only he knew...I had fallen for Ezra...I do not know what was with him but I simply could not help but feel some sort of butterflies within my stomach everytime I talked to him..." tears had whelled up in my eyes.

She put her hand on my shoulder. I gasped and tried to stop her "NO WAIT!" I closed my eyes thinking of hearing or feeling her body drop. Dr.Julia looked at me confused. "What? Oh I forgot to tell you, this hazmat suit keeps us protected from your deadly touch" she said smiling. I gave her a sigh of relief. Then I felt the anger surge through me once more.

"Wait a second...if that hazmat suit protected you from my touch...WHY DID YOU NOT GIVE ONE TO EZRA WHEN HE VISITED ME..." my voice grew silent as I whispered "...for the last time...t-two weeks ago..." i felt tears rush through my eyes as my heart ached.

Dr.Julia had attempted to make me feel better but nothing had worked...she stepped out of the cell and talked with a few other scientists that were observing me. After a few minutes, she had entered back into my containment cell and sat beside me without the hazmat suit. I looked at her a bit confused.

"W-why are you not wearing that hazmat suit that you had on before?" I asked a little worried. Not worried about her, well mostly worried because she was the first scientist to be kind to me ever since I had been in containment.

She took a deep breath. I could hear she was scared. For what reason? What was she going to tell me? Questions filled my head as I stared off into the distance...