Chapter 1: Not Just A Movie

(Author's Note: This takes place right after Avengers Endgame and right before Spider-man: Far From Home.)

I pushed open the doors of the theater revealing the vast parking lot that was half empty by now. I had just come from the late night showing of Avengers Endgame. I had heard that it was an emotional roller coaster but I didn't know it was this bad. It was single-handedly one of the worst/best nights of my life.

I walked the long distance to my car and got my keys out of my pocket. I fumbled with them a bit but eventually got them into the lock. Once I was in my car I fished through my purse to find a clean tissue. I dried the tears off my eyes and headed home. I know it was a bit weird to be so emotional when it came to a movie, but the MCU was special to me. My dad always used to take me to see the movies the night they came out. Those memories were my favorite ones with him.

~Flashback~

"Why are we going to see some boring movie about some man spider?" I asked my dad as he pulled me hurriedly into the movie theater. It was my dad's birthday and he had said that the only thing he wanted was to go see a movie. Little did I know he would drag me along to some lame movie called Spider-man Homecoming.

"First of all it's not boring, Lily." He referred to my nickname which was actually my middle name that only he called me. "Second of all, I believe that there's more to this universe than just the boring daily life. That's why I watch marvel movies. They give me hope, and belief." He finishes his speech and I look at him in confusion and awe. He was so passionate in this.

"Belief in what, Dad?" He suddenly looks at me, smiling when he catches me eyes.

"That there is something more for you."

~End Flashback~

And that's what I've held onto ever since my father was never seen again, presumably dead. Belief in something more for myself.

I made my way up the steep stone walkway that lead to my house. Well I don't really think of it as my house. It really belongs to my step mother and step siblings who have taken care of me since my dad "died". Everyone told me that that was the case, but I still refuse to believe it. His body was never found, so there is no proof that he's dead.

Once in the house I made sure not to wake my step siblings or else my step mom would throw a huge fit. I plopped onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling. I refused to believe that two of my favorite characters were dead. My only comfort was that my most favorite character Spider-man was still alive. Ever since seeing my first marvel movie I fell in love with him. That's something me and my dad had in common. Plus, it didn't hurt that Tom Holland, the actor that played Spider-man, was super hot. I finally managed to fall asleep at 4:30 after staying up so long replaying the movie in my mind. I eventually fell into the deep sleep that came from me staying up.

...

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

I slammed my hand on the snooze button of my alarm and stuffed my face into my pillow. I suppose I should get up soon, though. I wouldn't want to miss school. As I look up at my clock I realize that it's 7:00. Shoot, I'm supposed to leave at 7:15. I quickly put my long brown hair into a half up half down style and brush my teeth. By the time I am done with that I run into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast and go.

"Melissa? What are you doing?" My step mom shouts at me as I grab a bowl of cereal. I quickly look around the room and see her with my four step sisters and my brother at the dining room table.