Chapter 13: Sanctum

Peter drives until finally he reaches our destination, I think. We are in front of the New York Sanctum. Peter carries me into the entrance and professor hulk follows behind us. As Peter slams open the doors of the Sanctum I see him yell something, I'm still not sure what. I see Doctor Strange appear at the top of the stairs.

He rushes down the stairs as he exchanges a few words with Peter and Professor hulk. He reaches me and puts his hand on my head. Suddenly I see my body in Peter's arms in front of me. I was in the astral dimension with Doctor Strange.

"Can you hear me now, Melissa?" He says to me

"Can you hear me now, Melissa?" He says to me. I can slightly hear him, but the screeching still dominates all other noises.

"Slightly, but I still hear the screeching." I reply.

"Wait but we are in the astral dimension, you should be okay in here." He says louder so that I can hear it.

"I know, I'm confused as well. Isn't this supposed to be a pocket dimension? The real world can't effect us in here." I say confused and anxious, waiting for Doctor Strange's response.

"You're right." Is all he says. He looks like he's thinking.

"Wait, I'm not from this world, could that be the reason why I'm not effected by it?" I suggest.

"No, that wouldn't be the reason. Even if you're not from this world, it's still a pocket dimension, meaning that if you were from a different world, the effects should still be the same." I cover my ears as the screeching gets more intense by the minute. He takes us back to our own bodies.

The screeching stops once I'm back in the arms of Peter. The second that the screeching stops, everything turns black.

"Guys." I yell while flailing my arms around. I hit Peter's face and immediately retract my hands. He is still holding me. "I can hear, I just can't see." I say into the empty void.

"What's happening to her?" I hear Peter say, probably to Doctor Strange.

"I honestly don't know Peter." Doctor Strange's voice sounds unsure.

Slowly my sight comes back to and I see Peter, Doctor Strange, and Hulk standing around me. I don't remember Peter putting me down.

"I can see you guys now." I say. They all breath a sigh of relief.

"What just happened?" Professor hulk's eyes get huge. I shrug my shoulders at his question.

I turn to Doctor Strange. "We need to find out what just happened to me." He nods and snaps his fingers. Suddenly we are standing in his library. "This might sound strange, but can you do the thing you did with Thor and put a beer in my hand?" I ask him.

I look in my hand and there's a beer in it. I go to take a sip and it disappears from my hand. "How do you know about that?" He asks me.

"She's from an alternate universe where all superheros and villains exist in only comics and movies. So anything that happens in this dimension that's important, happens in that dimension, but in a comic book or movie." Peter beats me to the answer.

"Hm." Doctor Strange grabs a book and starts flipping through it while talking. "Girl who is from a different universe that is somehow connected to ours, who the pocket dimensions don't affect, and who has supernatural trouble with her senses." He continues flipping through more books. "And how did you say she got here?" He looks up from his book at Peter.

"Well she said that she touched Pym particles, and then she showed up here. But with further research we determined that Pym particles can't travel to different universes, just different spaces between their own universes." Peter says in a thoroughly detailed explanation.

"Interesting." He starts to circle around me. "And do you have any information about these comic book and movie characters?" He says as he plants himself in front of me.

"Yeah." I say as I hand him my phone. "It should have all the information from my earth on the internet." I say.

"If it's even your earth at all." He mutters under his breath while searching my phone.

"What did you say?" He looked up from the phone at me.

"Nothing, just a theory." He says, and then gets back to work at finding information.

"Do you know about this superhero?" He puts the phone in front of my face and it shows a picture of the superhero Daredevil.

"I've heard of him. He has his own TV series." I say confused. "But what does he have to do with me?" I say pushing the phone back at him.

He quickly searches up another picture and shows it to me. "What about this man?" He says.

"Yeah, that's my dad. How do you know about my dad." I had never seen this photo before.

"Melissa, that's not your dad." He says and pauses. "That's Daredevil."