Chapter 3: Aunt May

As Peter swings me to the front door I catch a glimpse of his house. It's quaint and homely, unlike my own home. Ever since my dad disappeared I've never felt quite at home anywhere.

Peter unlocks the door and we quietly slip inside. What is he going to say to Aunt May? Will she kick me out? Thoughts of the potential dangers flooded my head.

"Aunt May." Peter yelled into the foyer of his home. "I need to talk to you." As soon as he finished his sentence she appeared at the end of the foyer. She looked just like the Aunt May in Spider-man: Homecoming. Her hair was long and brown and she wore a pair of glasses. She wore a green tank top and some grey sweatpants. As soon as she looked at me her eyes widened, and she turned her gaze directly to Peter.

"Hi, I'm May." She stretched her hand out, and I took it.

"I'm Melissa. Nice to meet you May." We exchange smiles and then she turns to Peter again, as if expecting an answer for my presence.

"Aunt May, Melissa here needs a place to stay since she has found herself in Queens and has no place to go. Only until we work out a better situation for her." He gives her a pleading look.

"Will you please excuse us Melissa?" I nod as she pulls Peter aside and starts to whisper to him. I pick up a few sentences of there exchange.

"Please Aunt May. I found her while I was out 'patrolling'. She desperately needs a place to stay. I'll let her sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the couch." He waits for her to answer.

"But what about school for her?"

"I doubt she will be here that long, but I could take her to school with me so that she still has an education. That way I can look out for her." She nods her head and they start to head back over to where I am awkwardly standing against the entrance to the door.

"You can stay, Melissa. Peter says that he is going to be able to take you to his school to keep your education up. You can sleep in Peter's room for now, and I can lend you some of my old clothes if you need it." She gives me this warm, inviting smile, and for some reason, it feels like home.

"Thank you so much. I promise I will be out of your hair as soon as I figure this out." I notice Peter who has just been staring at me this whole time. It looks like he is in his own little fantasy world.

"Don't worry honey, you take all the time you need. We are happy to help. I'm just glad Peter found you."

"Come on, I'll show you my room." Peter says to me as he leads me down the hallway into a room parallel to May's. It's decorated exactly like it was in the movie. Honestly, the similarities are kind of freaking me out. I still can't believe that I'm in an alternate universe, much less in Spider-man's bedroom.

I sit on his bed and I realize that he still had his Spidey suit on. He touches the logo and it instantly becomes baggy around his body. It drops to the floor and I am left staring at his ripped bod. He must have noticed cause he turned around and quickly grabbed the first pair of pajamas he could find. He puts on hello kitty pajama pants and an 'I survived my trip to NYC' shirt.

"Look familiar?" He turns to me, modelling the outfit from Spider-man: Homecoming. I nod to signify that I recognized it. "Since you said that there was a movie about me I would think that they would put this in it. It was not one of my proudest moments, but I figured that since Mr. Stark was there and it was a key point in my Spidey career that it would be in it. Mr. Stark." He says quietly, probably remembering the horribly memory of his death.

My eyes start to well up with tears, and before I know it, I'm full blown crying. Peter noticed and came to sit on the bed with me. He puts his arm around my shoulders and comforts me.

"Was it something I said?" He asks me, not knowing the powerful impact of that name.

Once I stop sobbing enough to speak I say to him, "It's just, in my universe Tony Stark was like my hero, and to watch him die, was shocking. I just never get emotional about movies, but Tony was an important part of my growing up."

He just sits there with me not saying anything until he speaks two words in a quiet whisper that bring me comfort. "Me too."