i'm hungry so i'm angry

He steps into the apartment with a sheepish grin and a wave. 

Y/N shakes her head at him. She is pissed. She growls: "Where the fuck were you then?" 

He makes a show of putting his keys onto the table and dropping the grocery bags onto the bench. "Shopping, duh."

"Do I really look that thick to you? You were supposed to be getting a loaf of bread and milk, that doesn't take an hour and a half!"

Taron smiles. He knew she wouldn't accept that for an answer. He was supposed to be home an hour ago, his phone died so he couldn't message her and tell her he was going to be late because of the incident. 

"There was an accident, the freeway was completely blocked off." Another lie, but closer to the truth this time. 

"Is that blood on your shirt?" She asks, inspecting it closely, trying to wipe it off. 

Flustered he pushes her hand away. "No that's nothing, just a stain."

She doesn't look convinced, so she glares at him. 

"You had anything to eat today Y/N?" Taron changes the subject hastily. 

"Not since yesterday."

He looks at her sternly, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her close. "You should eat something. We don't want you getting, hangry, now do we?"

"I'm not hangry." She insists, pushing him away and folding her arms. "But I have been waiting for food for over an hour now."

He looks away from her cross gaze and starts unpacking the bread from one of the shopping bags silently. 

"Well? Where were you actually then? Because you sure as hell weren't grocery shopping. And I call bullshit on your traffic excuse because there is no freeway on the way to the store."

He doesn't answer right away, trying to figure out how best to tell her. He knows she won't approve. Getting into a fistfight with a stranger and being briefly arrested isn't something she would exactly be proud of. Even if that man had it coming; harassing a teenager in the middle of Tesco. 

"Look, let's just say I did something you won't approve of, but it was for a good reason and no one got hurt that didn't need to. And, I got your bread so really you should be thanking me."

Satisfied with his response, he flashes his pearly whites at her and continues unpacking the milk. 

Y/N sputters, outraged with him. "What? No way Taron that is not a good enough answer, tell me what the fuck happened right now!" She stomps her foot at the end, and it takes an immense effort for Taron not to laugh. 

"You don't need to know because it doesn't affect you anymore does it?"

"Absolutely it does Taron, tell me right fuc-"

"Shhhh." Taron holds a finger up to her lips, silencing her with a smirk. With his other hand he reaches into the grocery bag and hands her a Snickers bar. "You're not you when you're hungry."

He lowers his hand from her mouth cautiously, as she stands staring at the chocolate bar in shocked silence. Her top lip quivers, so she bites it in an attempt to hide her amusement. 

Damn that boy is good. She thinks. 

She can't think of anything to say in response, so she grabs one of the bags and starts to unpack it. Taron takes it from her and leads her to a seat, shaking his head. 

"Let me take care of that Y/N." He hands her a KitKat, snickering. "Have a break, have a KitKat."

That's too much for Y/N. She bursts out laughing, her head in her lap as tears roll down her face. 

"You fucking loser."

He smiles as he unpacks the groceries, enjoying the sound of her laughter.