(Cherrie x Archimedes) 1

1. Cherrie blossoms

(Image from google)

Escape

I had finally escaped that living hell.

Despite the pain, I flew as far as I could. My colorful feathers were soaked red with my own blood.  I knew I wouldn't be able to fly very far, but I got away. I flew as far as I could until my wings finally gave out.

I landed in front of a large metal human nest. The color resembling my own tainted feathers. I cooed weakly, hoping beyond hope that I could find help. When I got no response, I allowed myself to rest. I laid in front of the human nest, my injured wings spread out and my head resting on the cool ground. Surely someone would find me and help me.

Or at least put me out of my misery.

----------

The bright morning sun finally woke me, along with the strange noises of a human.

"Alright Archimedes! Ju und ze flock can spend some time outside, but only for an hour!" The voice screamed. The metal nest finally opened, revealing a man in white with large red hands as well as a flock of pure white doves. I called weakly to them, hoping to get their attention. One of the flock heard my cries and came to me, his beautiful white feathers painted red with some unknown substance. I tried to stand and greet him, but I was much too weak.

"Please...help me," I begged weakly. The dove cooed at me and returned to the human, frantically flying in his face.

"Gah! Archimedes! Vhat's gotten into ju?" The human yelled. The red tinted bird, who I guessed to be Archimedes, returned to my side, calling to his human. "Oh dear. Hallo little Fräulein." The human said softly, gently petting my head. "Poor zing. Come. I vill heal ju." He gently cradled me in his large red hands, carrying me into the nest. The stained dove rested on his shoulder, coming with us.

The human set me down on a soft white surface. I looked up at him in fear. "Don't worry. He will be gentle." The dove cooed, sitting next to me on the bed. "He is a good human. He cares for all of us."

"I don't...want to die." I said softly.

"You won't." He reassured me.

The human returned quickly, a smaller female following close behind him. Upon further inspection, the smaller human appeared to be female and sported large shimmering white wings similar to the other doves. "Ich found her outside. She seems very badly injured." The male explained.

"Oh the poor dear. Well, we better get to work then. What do you need?" The female put red things, similar to the male's, over her much smaller hands.

"Actually, I vas vondering if ju vould take care of her. Ju haff much smaller hands und experience viz zis kind of procedure, having vings und feazers of jur own." The female nodded, putting a cover over her mouth and glass pieces over her eyes.

"Alright dear, but you will need to be my Nurse."

"That's Angel," Archimedes explained, gesturing to the female, "Master's mate. She's very kind and gentle, even more so than master. She speaks our language very well."

"Yes, I do." The human chipped in, her voice smooth and comforting. "Hello dear." I cooed a soft greeting, still very weak. "Poor darling...don't worry. We will get you patched up in no time. Now, can you tell me where your injuries are?"

"My..neck...my right wing...and...my leg." I managed to say.

"Alright. Let's take a few x-rays and get started." She moves a machine in front of me and asked me to stay very still. After a few moments, she was done and sent the male away. "While he looks at that, let's find where all this blood is coming from." She moved the light above us to a better angle, gently moving my feathers around to look. "Oh my. Well I found the problem." On both sides of my neck were large gashes. She moved away, grabbing a small piece of metal and a string as well as a bottle of clear liquid. . "I'm going to need to clean and stitch those injuries. It may sting for a moment but I need you to be as still as possible."