The Arcana (The Devil)

The Devil x MC OC (Ever Flame)

Days I've spent trying to foil the plans of the Devil. Freeing those good-for-nothing courtiers, releasing his pompous little pawn Lucio, even replacing the blood for the ritual with pomegranate juice.

I spent days trying to stop him, yet here I sit, in his realm, bound by his chains as he sits high and mighty upon his dark throne.

I keep my eyes on the ground, waiting for him to speak.

"You intrigue me, Ever." He speaks lowly, his voice reverberating through the ground and into my chest. "You've gone through all that trouble to stop me. We both know you can break those chains by barely lifting a finger. So why allow yourself to remain in bondage?"

I smirked, glancing up at him through my lashes. "Perhaps I'm curious as to what you want from me." I offer.

He laughs, releasing me with a snap of his fingers. He has a smile on his face as he approaches me. His dark black scleras and deep red irises boring holes into my soul. "Somehow, I had a feeling you'd be willing to listen." He smirked, walking slow circles around me, examining me. "You are a very powerful magician, we've established that. However, there is one thing I can give you that you cannot give yourself."

It was my turn to laugh. "And what would that be, oh great Devil?" I mocked.

"Your memories." His simple words caused my smile to fall. It was true. No matter what I did or how hard I tried, I could never remember past three years ago when Asra found me. And even in our time together, Asra never mentioned what happened. "So, now that I've got your attention, I have a proposition for you."

"I'm listening." I say tentatively.

"I will return your memories, if you join me by my side." A sinister grin spread across his lips as he spoke. I hesitated to answer.

I thought back to what memories I had, the people I've met, the things I've done. Finally, I made my decisions.

"Very well. I agree to your terms. However, I'm curious...if I make a deal with you, my soul will be bound to you just like the others, but I can break those chains quite easily. How do you trust that I'll keep my end of the deal?"

He was silent for a moment. He was uncharacteristically sheepish as he thought of what to say next. "Well my dear, its...more that I'll be making the deal with you. I give you your memory, power, whatever you desire."

"But what do you get out of all of this?"

"A queen. A powerful queen. Even more powerful than I." I eye him suspiciously. Surely there must be more to this. He could find another way to be rid of me, surely. As I watched him, he turned away shyly. I'm sure if he could, he'd be blushing. "And...I've been watching you for some time. Through the cards. I've been watching, listening, learning. I know so much about you and I want to know more."

I scoff, rolling my eyes and stepping away from the goat creature next to me. "You don't know me."

"I know your favorite color is yellow, because it reminds you of the sunshine." He says softly, carefully approaching me. "I know pink roses are your favorites. I know you love the pumpkin bread from the market and how you will sometimes talk to yourself when you're frustrated." He stepped closer to me, pressing himself against my back. "I know that you crave physical affection but you're scared to ask for it. I know that you enjoy helping others when they're in need. I know that you often put your own problems aside to help others with theirs. I know all you deepest, darkest desires. I also know that you have hate burning deep inside you.