6

"Jho, are you ready?"

"Yes tito, I am." I grabbed my hand bag and the envelope containing Bea's former tests and went out of their house.

"So let's go?" I nodded at tito Elmer at pinasakay na niya ako sa shotgun seat ng kotse niya.

Today is the day I'm going to visit Stanford Hospital to talk to some of their orthopedic surgeons that could help in Bea's operation.

I already contacted them last night before I slept so that I'll know kung kelan ko sila mapupuntahan and luckily, I can visit them today.

Ihahatid lang ako ni tito Elmer because he has something to do in their office while si tita Det naman ay naiwan sa bahay to look out for Bea.

While on our way to the hospital, I heard tito Elmer's deep sigh so I looked at him and obviously, he's so anxious about Bea's situation na ico-consult ko sa Stanford today.

"Tito?"

"Yes?" even his tone shows nervousness.

"Don't worry, we will try to find a way for Bea to recover. She'll be back. That's for sure."

I reassured him with a smile which he reciprocated also with a smile.

There I saw how much he and Bea are alike. The way tito Elmer smiled, is also the way Bea smiled in the picture in their living room.

Kailan ko kaya yun makikita kay Bea?

I kept on thinking about it na hindi ko namalayang nandito na kami sa ospital.

"Thank you sa paghatid tito." I smiled at him.

Before I finally go out of the car, tito Elmer held my arm.

"Ano po yun tito?"

"Bring a good news to me, Jho." he said with his hopeful smile in which I nodded and answered him a "Yes tito. I will."

Nang makaalis na si tito ay agad naman akong pumasok sa ospital. It is really big and really wide hospital composed of 15 floors and kung hindi mo ito kabisado, malamang sa malamang, mawawala ka dito.

It is designed like a hotel but it is purely white in color. Just like the typical hospitals.

And based on my research, they have a great medical facilities, from minor injuries to operating and surgical equipments ay kompleto sila. And this kind of hospital probably can treat any orthopedic injuries. This suits Bea's condition really well. With this kind of environment, she could easily recover. Yun ay kung papayag siyang magpa-gamot.

I headed to the receptionist to ask for the person I am looking for.

"Uhm, excuse me."

"Yes ma'am? How may I help you?" the blonde nurse asked.

"Hmm, I am looking for Dr. Rex Intal of the Orthopedic Department. I have an appointment with him today."

Tinignan naman niya sa computer ang appointments na naka-post for today.

"Are you Dr. Jhoana Maraguinot from Philippines?"

I nodded. "Yes I am." then I showed my identification card and my license.

"He's on the 8th floor, staying on their department's office, two rooms after in the right side. You can now go Doctor."

"Thank you." I politely said tsaka na sumakay sa elevator and pressed the 8th floor.

Hindi naman nagtagal at bumukas na rin ang elevator kaya sinunod ko na rin ang instruction ng nurse. Two rooms after in the right side of the floor and then I saw the "ORTHOPEDIC DEPARTMENT" sign.