59

"Go Bea! I-receive mo! Go!!!"

I looked at Jho who is wildly cheering for me from the sidelines.

And that caused me a big hit by the ball from my face.

"BEA!!!!!"

I heard all of them reacting but I can't see them clearly. But I feel that they are rushing to go towards me.

"Oh my gosh. Bei!" I heard a manly voice and I know it's Thirdy.

"A-awww." I said as I slowly tried to get up with his help.

"Ouchh." I touched my face where the ball landed and it hurts a little.

"Bea? Are you okay?" naaaninag ko si Jho pero I can't see her clearly. Maybe because my face still hurts at napapangiwi ako sa sakit.

"Bea? Are you with us? Are you conscious? Naririnig mo ba kami?" she asked again.

"I...I'm o-okay... I'm okay..." I said while my eyes are still closed.

"Come on, let's go. Gamutin natin yang pasa mo." she said then Thirdy and kuya Loel helped me to stand up.

"Awww. Jho, it hurts." I protested.

"Eh bakit ba kasi hindi mo tinitignan yung bola ha? Where are you looking ba kasi?" iritang sabi niya as she puts the ice pack on my lower left cheek.

"Aray naman Jho. Wag mo namang diinan." I was teary-eyed because it really hurts.

Para akong sinapak ng isang kapre sa nangyari. And true it is, kasi nga si Thirdy ang humampas ng bola na tumama sa mukha ko. 😭

"Whenever you are playing, you have to focus in the play. You know the rules when it comes to volleyball naman diba? Follow the ball and don't let it fall."

I scratched my head. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just that, I was distracted kasi--"

"Hey Bei. I'm really sorry with what happened. I thought you're ready to receive the ball. I didn't knew your mind was not in the game." Thirdy apologetically said.

"It's okay, Thirds. It's my fault naman talaga eh. Next time I'll be more focused." we did our handshake.

Tapos ito namang si Jho, mas diniinan pa lalo yung ice pack sa pisngi ko.

"Oucchh!! Jhoana?!" I held my cheek. Huhu it really hurts.

"Masakit diba? Sabi kasing mag-focus sa laro at saluhin ang bola eh. Ayan, nasalo ng mukha mo. Saya diba?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Ikaw naman kasi ung tinignan ko. You distracted me, without you, knowing it."

"Ha? May sinasabi ka, Bea de Leon?"

"What? No. I'm just wincing in pain here." Good thing she didn't hear what I said.

Few more sermons from Jho and then Thirdy left already.

Two months had passed and I am glad I can walk na without crutches, or even the help of someone. Most of the time, I use canes to walk alone though I am able to walk na without holding anything. I still continue my therapies and rehabs tho. I still walk on treadmills and do volleyball.

Yes, I play volleyball. But more on the basics lang. Actually, Jho suggested for me to atleast do one recreational activity aside from my common exercises and since she admitted missing playing volleyball, I agreed na yun na lang ang idagdag sa exercises ko.

And that's why Jho was cheering me kanina sa sidelines, because she pretends to be my coach. Yeah. Self-proclaim siya. 🙄

"Naku, pag nakita to nina tita Det, you're dead, and I am too." nanlalaki niyang matang sabi sa akin.