34

J H O A N A

"Kasalanan ko..." she said.

I see her cried all through-out her story about what happened to her.

All of what happened was definitely a nightmare that keeps on haunting her.

I unconsciously held her cheeks and wiped the tears on it.

"Ssshhh. Tahan na, Bea. Hindi mo yun kasalanan, okay? Walang may gustong mangyari yun kay Jia."

"But if it weren't because of me..."

I shook my head and held her shoulder.

"Hindi mo kasalanan yun, Bea. Believe me. Maybe it was Jia's time to go to heaven. Because God wanted her there. At yung aksidente mo? Do you know why are you still alive after what happened to you?"

She just looked at me probably waiting for me to continue.

"Because it is your chance to live the life that Jia could not live anymore. You have that second chance to start again and live that second life that you have now. And all of that will start from you, taking those operations you needed. In that way, you will live that life longer, Bea. A life that your bestfriend deserves, but also a life you much more deserve."

She nodded as her tears keep on streaming down her face.

"You still have a mission, Bea. And that is to live your life like how you used to, before your accident happened. But this time, you will also live Jia's life that she was supposed to have before she was gone. You will live like your bestfriend, Bea. Live like Jia."

I squeezed her right hand and her cries slowly died down.

"From now on, we will both do our best to help you recover from your injury and from your heartbreak, okay? Magiging tandem tayo. I will help you, and you will help yourself. Understood?"

She nodded at me and wiped her face.

"And the first step we will make, will be the operation. We still have more than three weeks to prepare. And I will make sure, you are ready for it. Gagaling ka, Bea. And you will go back to normal."

I told her sincerely and she nodded determinely.

"Sige na. You have to take a rest. Bawal ka pa namang ma-stress. I'll check you from time to time, okay? Lalabas na ako ha?"

I carefully helped her find her most comfortable position to sleep then after that, I went out of her room and locked it. Just the way she wanted.

I smiled widely as I know now, na finally, Bea's into it na. She'll take the surgeries.

At kahit sobrang epic nung mga pinagsasabi ko sa kanya kanina, hindi na niya naisipang itanong pa kung bakit ko napagkamalang girlfriend niya si Jia.

Napasapo ako ng noo ng maalala ko yun. Jusko naman Jhoana! Nakakahiya ka! Mangtsitsismis ka na nga lang, mali-maling impormasyon pa! 😩

Nakakahiya ka talaga teh, alam mo yun?!

I was about to go downstairs when my phone suddenly vibrated.

Nico Evangelista wants to connect with you

I breathed heavily and went inside my room before answering Nico's call.